June

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
This month is dh's birthday so my monthly Family Dinner Day will be devoted to celebrting his day. I'm going with a REDNECK theme on this one.....

Also this month is the RELAY FOR LIFE. I love this event and recommend to everyone that if one is held in your area that you look into it and participate.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I like Relay for Life, too. Our own Annie had a RFL team this year!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Lowlias and Kim- YES!!! I love Relay for Life!! It's already been a month since ours! I will be involved in it always!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
SOME time, next week, we will be having a family get-together. Typical for my family..... no date or place has been set yet...... but everyone is VERY MUCH looking forward to it! So many variables..... before a date can be pinned down!

Even though those two BIG things are undecided -- I guess I can begin to prepare....... getting supplies of beverages (this is very much the season for lemonade, ice tea, water, beer!) Paper cups, plates, napkins. I bet I'll think of more things.

Ds#1 and ddil#1 are coming for a conference in the city -- and bringing precious dgd! In addition to the conference requirements -- they want to visit old friends, take dgd to see some of their favorite spots, have the cousins together as much as possible, and visit with family! So.... dh and I will try to clear the decks for maximum flexibility!!! (Dh and I have probably got the most flexible schedules of anybody!)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
SparkleNana - Our families are so much alike. The ideas are there but the when/where/whats seem to be hard to pin down. I wish I had the same frame of mind as you - just let it fall where it may. Unfortunately I'm the planner and I live to plan things so having to wait on others causes me frustration I must learn to control!

How wonderful to have your family in town. I hope you get to see lots of them. They are very lucky that you and DH have such flexibility. Have fun!