Leftover Turkey, what are you making?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Curry turkey salad does sound good.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yum

Curry turkey salad does sound good.
And ... it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even DS10 liked it. I wasn't sure if his picky self would object to the curry ... but no. He asked for seconds. Score! :rudolph:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Oh I've had curry turkey salad before and it is delish!!!

I didn't have any leftovers this year as my brother came by Saturday and took everything that was left. And I mean everything. I wanted to make some ham and eggs Sunday morning. Not one piece of ham in the fridge. He cleaned me out! LOL

alarson566

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2014
I've tried a few of the ones on this list like the soup and the casserol. This year I might aim high for the pot pie! We'll just have to see how much energy I have after the big day :)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Favorites of ours with turkey (or chicken) ...

Sausalito Sandwiches
  • Sourdough sandwich roll (but we use Ciabatta), grilled; mayo; roasted red pepper; turkey/chicken.
Turkle-Burgles
  • Bun; top with turkey, cooked bacon, and cheddar cheese; put under broiler to melt cheese; top with Thousand Island dressing.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'll have to try the Sausalito Sandwich this year. tfs

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Best part is the leftovers :)

We do hot turkey sandwiches, mini turkey pot pies, turkey noodle casserole and turkey with dumplings

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DH and I always look forward to turkey leftovers too! We typically make paninis with them...I like mine with sharp cheddar, bacon and a little mayo - yum!

If we have major leftovers I will chop up the meat and freeze in ziplocks bags to use later - in place of chicken meat.

We also will eat leftover turkey on salad - very yummy with feta (or gorgonzola!) and dried cranberries - delish!

I plan to buy and roast a small turkey just for our family (on another day than Thanksgiving) this year because we almost never get "enough" leftovers :)

I'll make stock with the bones too. It is nice that you can freeze the carcass until you are ready to do that part!!