Looking For Elves In 2008!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like the shelf one...that is cute!!!

I had the hardest time finding my elves last year...I will be on the lookout this year for my niece and nephew plus another nephew will be born in July so if I find one for him I will buy it and save for another year. I also bought a little red sleigh at my local goodwill store for a dollar and the elves arrved in the sleigh!! Here's a pic:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa87 ... 010600.jpg

I have an "injured" elf I want to get fixed. Thank god I bought extras last year and they matched the broken elf. My son ripped the legs off. Yeah we put Taffy in the North Pole hospital for a few days before he returned to us (the extra elf). I told him if Taffy was injured again Santa will not let us adopt the elves again....I guess it worked since there were no more injuries...lol

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Sparklenana I need elves for this year too!

I passed up the opportunity last year as I felt I didn't have enough time to plan it properly. I'm making this part of my Rudy day plans until I feel I have suffucient 'elfcapades'. I really love the boy and girl elves, and think my children would too.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Definitely check at yard sales. I've been several times already this season and always see tons of Christmas and Halloween decorations. And I did find a perfect girl elf that I got for $.50. They are out there!

you guys were lucky to find them at yard sales. I did not have tht success not even at my local goodwill. But a last minute attempt to find one in one store in a strip mall brought me success. They were like 40% off so I made out BIG time. Hopefully I will have more success this year for my niece and nephews elves!!

ConnieChristmas

MHH Member
Oct 12, 2007
Cental Texas
I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!! :rotflol:
I wanted to do elves for my grandkiddo's this year! I had the greatest luck! I was cleaning out and re-organizing my craft room when I found a old pattern for 4 of the cutest elves that I had completely forgotten I had! I bout fell over! It was a freebie from a craft store from the 90's! They even have names already! I have already enlarged the patterns and bought the poly pellets to fill them with! Now I'm on a hunt for the perfect fabric! It calls for fleece! I'm going to embellish them with cute buttons and I even found the cutest little jingle bells to use! I will take pics share my progress as I get there! This was ment to be!

ConnieChristmas

MHH Member
Oct 12, 2007
Cental Texas
Hi JackFrosty...the names on the pattern are pretty basic elf type names. Jingles, Tickles, Sprinkles and Twinkles. I'm thinking of adding a last name to them also. Something cute and catchy. I'm still thinking on that one. Maybe like Jingles Tinklebell. Or Tickles Laughsalot. Or Twinkles Starshine. Some thing in that order. Any ideas on the last names would be greatly appreciated!

ConnieChristmas said:
Hi JackFrosty...the names on the pattern are pretty basic elf type names. Jingles, Tickles, Sprinkles and Twinkles. I'm thinking of adding a last name to them also. Something cute and catchy. I'm still thinking on that one. Maybe like Jingles Tinklebell. Or Tickles Laughsalot. Or Twinkles Starshine. Some thing in that order. Any ideas on the last names would be greatly appreciated!

I gave all my elves the same first initial as my kids' names and let them give them a middle name (I told them Santa didn't give them a middle name) and then we gave them the kids last name after all they are members of the family!!! Hope that is helpful Oh by the way our elves are named Taffy, Tandy, and Rishi !!!

ConnieChristmas

MHH Member
Oct 12, 2007
Cental Texas
Hi Christmas creations! I have read all about your elves here! You ideas are great!
JackFrosty..Oh I just love that!! Tickles McGiggleson! You know I thought I had copied and saved a list of names from the other site. And now I can't find it in all my moving this room around! But I think I'm on the right track. I love that! More! More! Ha!

scrapbookmommy

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
I found elves at my Tuesday Mornings. Sorry I don't remember who they where made by but they looked just like the elf my friend bought off ebay just smaller but they had the same almost painted looking face. They where about 6-8" tall and where $8. I seen 3 different ones. I'm going tomorrow to buy a couple. I couldn't buy them the other day because my kids where with me. Hopefully they will still have them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Connie Christmas wish I had a pattern too.... if it's EASY! please post pictures! thanks!