Looking For Elves In 2008!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Connie - watch for sales & consider fleece 'throws' as material for your elves. I recently purchased a throw for 4.99 & last yr pur'd serveral for 3/$10. Unless the elves are huge, these might help save some bucks. There's more fabric in them than you'd originally think. Hope this helps. Have fun!!

Christmas Elf

Retire Member
Sep 20, 2008
Have you seen the elves at http://www.elfingaround.com? We've had them for a couple years. They've become members of our family! I love this product because it comes with a nightly adventure idea book that makes the "mischief" so easy! Also, in the idea book are notes to leave for the kids from the elves. It really is magical :)

growingafamily

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I can't tell you how excited I am as this will be our first Christmas with our elf as our son has just turned three.

I'm having trouble deciding which elves to buy ??

We have seen some scandanavian ones by meileg that are a little more expensive but we love them.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I googled elf pattern and came up with one. Go to mathwire.com. When you get the home page, put elf pattern in the search box and click search. The first thing should read Elf Glyph Patterns. Click on that and then you can print the pattern. There you have it, if you wish to make one for yourself or someone little person who is so special. I may try to do this for DGS.

:bigsnow:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wish our Dollorama had them!!.... maybe they will for now they don't have much out for Christmas.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Well- I went to Tuesday Morning and all they had was little creatures that looked more like Christmas Fairies than elves. I looked them over and thought you could clip their wings off- but their little leaf like skirts would still say fairy. They were really cute though- bendable, 7-8 inches tall, cute faces, came in red, light green, and gold for $7.99.

I also saw some elf items at my Kohls. They were 40% off and I had a 30% scratch off. They had some boy and girl elves that were felt,stuffed but not poseable about 6 inches tall. They were actually Christmas ornaments. They are very cute. They had "picks" (like plat picks) that matched also.

I still haven't found THE elves I want but I am on the search.... I still have to check my Dollar Tree.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Ok - I was at my Dollar Tree and they didn't have any Christmas stuff out yet!RRRRR... They said not til Halloween stuff dwindles down.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
I would love to start the elves with my Daughter this year, but I need some help. Like an outline of what I should do to start, and then based on that I can do the rest. I just don't quite get it from the website!! I feel DumB! :hat:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
BamaMom said:
I would love to start the elves with my Daughter this year, but I need some help. Like an outline of what I should do to start, and then based on that I can do the rest. I just don't quite get it from the website!! I feel DumB! :hat:

First of all you should get some elves or an elf. I just make a list of activities the elves can do and then of course you'll have to do them when your kids are sleeping or gone out of the house. It can be anything. There's a thread somewhere here about what people are planning for this year. For example, you could have your elves try to bake cookies and leave a mess in the kitchen that the kids find the next morning. Or they could play with some toys or something and be caught in the act. There are no limits. There really are no guidelines. You do as much or as little as you want. It's very individualized. Some people make passports and all sorts of other stuff. I write a letter from Santa and that's about it besides all the activities the elves do. They can bring gifts like books or a movie or something. The sky is the limit. Have fun!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Even if you can't find elves for this year-they could be invisible and then leave things to do together, they can play pranks or leave little gifts or letters or just messes! Don't feel dumb!! You just adjust the magic to your own family! You could even have a very shy elf who doesn't feel comfortable enough to show himself outright but may leave a doll in his likeness on Christmas eve with a note to say he will be back next year and to keep this doll to remember him by.( I hope that makes sense!?)
ladybugsmom has some wonderful ideas of things you can do-
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3954
Have fun! :package: