Make a date.......with yourself

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
While getting my notebook ready it occured to me that the calendar part of my planner is the most vital part of this whole plan. Everything evolves around a specific month, day, date or time. The one thing that I really enjoyed last year was the fact that I'd scheduled everything well ahead of time such as:

Photo for Christmas pictures
Dates to pick up Christmas stamps when they arrived at the post office
Date to pick up firewood
Date to send out Christmas cards
Dates of grandkids school Christmas plays
Dates I'd be babysitting for kids to attend their company parties
Date of our own employee Christmas Party
Dates to bake specific dishes for the freezer so they'd still be good.
Dates to kennel the pets for out of town trips
Dates to put up/take down seasonal decor.
Dates to focus on each room.

I'd forgotten:
Hair appts for regular cut and color
Special hair appointments for up-do's for formal parties
Nails appointments

This year, the first dates I scheduled were for ME! I scheduled all of them today.

Yes, I want to remind each of you that you are the most important link to this whole plan and you need to take care of you. Trust me, if you don't then no one else will. So often we are so busy with the details of the season that we forget that we are a part of those details. It feels absolutely horrible to work this hard and feel like you want to hide in a closet because you haven't had time to get yourself ready for the festivities.

snowgoose

MHH Member
You're absolutely right, I always have hair and manicure/pedicure appointments booked for the week before Christmas. No point in arriving at the holiday festivities worn out and looking and feeling like piece of limp rag:)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great list with reminders of things not to forget.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Ellen - you are so right! I need to figure this out soon. Bonus, I just received my new Fly Lady calendar (it has enormous boxes for each day). We use colored highlighters for each member of the family and the pink (mommy) has been conspicuously absent in recent months! Thanks for the reminder!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Great idea...I'm going to put those on my "to do" list as well.