March 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
What are you cleaning goals for this month? Is there any particular area that you are going to spend more time focusing on?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our office area needs to be decluttered and organized. I would like to spend 15 mins. a day sorting through papers, binders, and books. I'm going to work on one shelf or box at a time. That worked out well with decluttering the basement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My main goals for March are Winter prep of the house, deep clean the main rooms and get them ready for Winter which starts.for us June 1st.
Decluttering continues,would like to get into the craft/spare room and go through the cupboards in there. My craft cupboard could do with a good clean and organise what I have in there.
We will have a house inspection the second week of March, they focus on bathrooms and the kitchen so those rooms will need to be spick and span.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
That sounds like a good plan, Katrina. We are wrapping up winter here. You reminded me of some end winter shopping that I want to do. I need to write that down for next week's list. Also, I want to make a list of things that might need to be replaced such as salt, shovels, etc. Another thing to put on next week's list.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, always something to be done. I try and write a list of what might need replacing at the end of one season. I know that I need to stock up on sunblock so will look for some over the next few weeks as it will all be on clearance. Just need to be aware of the use by dates.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mid way through March. Winter prep is going well with 2 rooms completely done, will work on a 3rd room tomorrow.
Car is booked in for service and brake check for the end of the month.
List of Winter needs are in the planner, will need tissues, lemonade and crackers for those days that we are not feeling to well.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It sounds like you are doing well with this month's goals for winter prep. I really like having the cough and cold supplies at home and ready before it is even needed. Do you use lemonade as a home remedy for an illness? I have always associated it with something to drink on a hot summer day. I have never made it during the winter. I usually tuck a few cans of orange juice concentrate in the freezer for when we start to get sick.

My office declutter plans have been going slowly here. Lots of other family things have popped up which needed my attention more than the office. I'm hoping to get to the office tomorrow to put in a nice chunk of time.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
It sounds like you are doing well with this month's goals for winter prep. I really like having the cough and cold supplies at home and ready before it is even needed. Do you use lemonade as a home remedy for an illness? I have always associated it with something to drink on a hot summer day. I have never made it during the winter. I usually tuck a few cans of orange juice concentrate in the freezer for when we start to get sick.

My office declutter plans have been going slowly here. Lots of other family things have popped up which needed my attention more than the office. I'm hoping to get to the office tomorrow to put in a nice chunk of time.
I think Katrina's version of lemonade is what we would call Sprite or 7-Up here in the States. I think lemon squash is what she would call the American lemonade, the one made with lemons, water, and sugar. I've always told Sophia to stock up on Sprite, chicken soup, and headache relief for those days when she feels grim but I'm not close enough to pick up some supplies to help her feel better. You definitely don't want to be running to the store when you feel miserable.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think Katrina's version of lemonade is what we would call Sprite or 7-Up here in the States. I think lemon squash is what she would call the American lemonade, the one made with lemons, water, and sugar. I've always told Sophia to stock up on Sprite, chicken soup, and headache relief for those days when she feels grim but I'm not close enough to pick up some supplies to help her feel better. You definitely don't want to be running to the store when you feel miserable.

Yes, sorry ladies. I got stuck in the States when I asked for a lemonade and I got the lemony drink. You should have seen what happened when I ordered some tea lol
Yes our lemonade would be Sprite for you.. Gentle on the stomach, enough sugar for a little lift and can keep in the pantry until needed.

Reactions: PamelaG

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, sorry ladies. I got stuck in the States when I asked for a lemonade and I got the lemony drink. You should have seen what happened when I ordered some tea lol
Yes our lemonade would be Sprite for you.. Gentle on the stomach, enough sugar for a little lift and can keep in the pantry until needed.

ROFLOL! Now that I know what you mean, I'm am laughing so hard. I thought there was a "new to me" home remedy I could try next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
ROFLOL! Now that I know what you mean, I'm am laughing so hard. I thought there was a "new to me" home remedy I could try next year.
Sorry for the confusion....glad we sorted that out.:)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
March is just about over. I was happy with what got accomplished this month. The office got decluttered and organized. The office serves as a place for my dh to work from when he is on call. My children also use it for homework. We have a few computers in there. It becomes a drop off point for books and back packs and then the last minute wrapping room at Christmas. It looks much better than it was. I am not sure how long it will last though.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, it is great when we can see results of all our hardwork. March and April are going to be tough ones for me to get anything done. I am quite a bit busier and will probably get little done until after Nationals and the holiday that DH and I are about to go on. In May I will get back into it and get the major jobs done before Winter hits on June 1st.