March 28 - April 10, 2010 Guest Room or Office

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The Office/Guest Room is our project for the next two weeks. We have rain predicted for today and tomorrow. Good "inside cleaning" weather!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm in. These are the two rooms in my house that need the most work right now, but next weekend is a long weekend, so there's a little extra time to work on them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The office was done not long ago and it's all in order 3-weeks a month... the other week it is occupied by MIL... bed undone... some clothes on the door....

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have a bit to do in this room too at the moment (it is actually a combined office/guest room until we do the building work in the summer).

My plans are to get the bed made again (I prefer to have it made up freshly at all times, as sometimes we get no warning of impending visitors). The sheets are clean but sitting on the chair as I had potatoes chitting on the bed.

I also have to get the basket finally sorted (I have most of the bits sorted from last week, but there are still some purchases under my desk at work to be added).
And I need to reorganise the "drinks" tray.

I want to get into the bookcase and sort that out, if I get time.
And do some tidying/sorting on the desk.

There is paperwork downstairs that needs filing in the bookcase.

And I want to tackle the wardrobe before it bursts.

We are away for the Easter weekend, but I am due to be off for a few extra days next week so hopefully I can make some reasonable progress here this time.
As well as making some progress on my sewing plans (between sorting the stash and actually getting some projects started).

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am going to be giving rewards today. Rewards for Baby Steps spent in this room. 15-minute chunks of work are my planned babysteps. Let's see...... the rewards will be (1) computer play time, or (2) play time in the garden if the torrential rain stops for a bit, or (3) something hot and delicious to drink along with something fun to read. Will you give rewards?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
MIL left this morning.... so bed is already unmade (I'll wash tonight), sofa is back in it's place and everything is back to NORMAL.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I've been alternating (1) working in the office/guest room and (2) working in the rest of the house. Some big things - like cleaning out the refrigerator.

And... I've just finished a very nice break: reading posts on the computr! Now: 15 straight minutes in the office/guest room!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How did it get to be one hour straight? Oh well, I guess it's all good. EXCEPT I have been sorting paperwork.... which is so HORRIBLE. I think I'll go outside and get some fresh air. I have been shredding up tons of paperwork! I have sorted almost a banker's box full during this one period. Paperwork is the worst!

I AM being ruthless. I want empty spaces! I just have to want them MORE than I want the things that are now in those spaces!

Is anybody else working on this space today? Or planning their work?

Talk to you later!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I'm done for the day. One full box of paperwork -- got rid of 90% of it. Emotionally exhausting. But..... it IS the office/guest room. So... paperwork is a very very important element of that room.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm in.

-Wash clothes in bags in the guest bedroom
-take down heavy curtains, wash and put away
-wipe down the furniture
-vacuum (and maybe shampoo the carpet)
-reorganize the two chest of drawers
-put together my recipe book. (I've been printing a lot of recipes of the internet getting ideas for spring and summer dishes)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What are we -- 4 days in? Well...... there is PLENTY of real life stuff going on for all of us! WHATEVER we can get done for this room is good! I spent one 15-minute period today -- organizing clothes. I believe that I can get at least one more 15-minute period in our office/guest room. Better than nothing!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Progress is slow. The weather is SO NICE --- and I want to be outside!So.... I will try for four 15-minute segments in the office/guest room.

I'll come back and let you know how it goes!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I'm back. I did.... ZERO 15-minute segments in the office/guest room yesterday.

There is always hope for today!!

How are you doing?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
First thing this morning -- I filled a big trash bag with kitchen clutter. After I leave here, I will take a trash bag into the office/guest room and try to fill it!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK. I spent three 15-minute segments working in the office/guest room. I can work in there for weeks -- and it doesn't look any different. This time -- it DOES look better! Go figure.

Now... I am heading outside to get back in a happy mood. Talk to you later!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decided I might as well do some spring cleaning. So the guest-office room is where I started. Ceiling is done, woodwork is washed, window is washed inside-out.