March 29-April 4, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I feel I am in a holding pattern, waiting for things to go back to the way they were. I should take advantage of the time and do some refreshing the rooms. I have been using the excuse needing to wait until the kids moving into their own place. (1 moved in and things taken to her, and 1 to go end of April.) I am okay once I get started. It's the getting started that hard. I guess I will plan to do a room a day and keep the audio books downloaded as I am happy as a lark cleaning when I can listen to something.

When this is over I will certainly need to visit Mom in MI and Ds and family in OH and DD & Dsil in MN so no time to doing anything then. And Yard work will need to be done too. Yikes I think I just motivated myself. I will start tomorrow. Lol.

With that said:
Monday - Lower level family room DONE
Tuesday - Bathroom and Hallway DONE
Wednesday - Guest room
Thursday - Office
Friday - Master bedroom
Saturday - Living room
Monday again - Kitchen
Tuesday again - Laundry room
Wednesday and Thursday again - Garage

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsSoup

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Jody, that sounds like a good plan. We started on the yard a bit earlier than normal since we had a mild winter. I weeded the flower beds two weeks ago. They looked fine this week but I will surely have to do them this week.

I'm going to divide my daily list into three sections: morning, afternoon and evening. I'm hoping that putting things to do in those time frames will help me to get things done. I feel like I've wasted a lot of time these past two weeks. I think partly, it's time to process what is going on in the world. The other part is there is a lot of time sitting and talking to my dh and children as we process what is happening in our own lives and how this coronavirus shut down is affecting us.

Weekly
  • Plan Menu for the week. My kids have taken over since being home. Today they grabbed the canned goods and boxed goods that are part of this week's menu plan and stashed them away so no one eats them. They labeled the refrigerated goods too. They are learning quickly. LOL!
  • Clean Bathrooms.Done
  • Pay bills. Done
  • Photo organizing: one envelopes Almost done
  • Decluttering: one drawer
  • Weed one flower bed Done Got 4 done!
  • Grocery Shopping: Done
  • FlyLady: Living Room, Entrance, Dining Room and Front Porch:
    • Dust.Done
    • Vacuum.Done
    • Dust Blinds.Done
    • Sweep front porch.Done
    • Clean front door.Done
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.Done
    • Dust Chandelier.Done
    • Wipe down dining room chairs Done
  • Trimester Goals - 5 days/20 mins sessions:
    • Exercise XXXXXX
    • Reading XXXXX
    • Research/Writing XXXXX
Still to Do:
  • Work on costume.Done
New This Week:
  • Make a mask

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jody- You hit the nail on the head, it's the getting started that's hard.
Mary- I think that may be the approach I need to take as well, dividing my day up.

I definitely started feeling like the movie Groundhog Day last week, just the same thing everyday over and over. This week I need to try to change it up a bit with the homeschooling by changing the order we do the subjects, adding in more fun-based things or something. I'm trying to keep a routine as much as possible because we all need structure but at the same time it can be redundant and get boring. DD should have some things from her teachers for this week, maybe. Eli's teacher sent something but it's not better than what i've been planning and teaching him so i'm going to stick with mine I think and use pieces of theirs.

Morning:
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Walk together (weather depending)
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Homeschool
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Exercise (part of DD's PE work from teacher- we're going to do it together)
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] 30 minutes of reading

Afternoon: (overall tasks for the week)
[X] Menu plan
[X] Pay bills
[X] Update check ledger
[ ] Clean bathrooms (assign tasks to kids)
[X] Make chore charts again

Evening: (overall tasks for the week)
[X] Cook dinner
[ ] Walk (with dogs maybe)
[X] Read
[X] Tidy up before bed
[X] Get homeschool stuff ready for next day

Other items:
[ ] Work on class
[X] Laundry as needed
[ ] Make list of things to do in house and then break it down into manageable tasks
[X] Plan something to make Eli's birthday fun (pick up takeout, bake a cake, get balloons)

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well I am trying to get back on track with this, maybe if I focus on the things I can change it will take the focus away from the things I can't change.
Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and
Sleep at a reasonable time.
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X) ( )
*shave legs ( )
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) working on a knitted cushion cover.
*start/continue/finish one book ( )
*books back to library (/) libraries are closed.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet ( )
*DrillDance training plan ( )
*DrillDance training (/) cancelled for now, training online
*walk at least 3 times ( ) ( ) ( )

Extras:
Baking with Mum Thursday (X)
Car service Thursday (X)
Winter prep one room Friday (X) finished the study, have started on the spare room.

Word of the Year:
Appreciate.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did do the lower level family room. I washed the windows and they look beautiful. We can actually see out them. The windows are at ground level and get dirty easily. I dusted the walls and bookcases rearranged some furniture and vacuum the carpet. I fill well accomplished.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Jody, that's great! Today was a successful day for me too.

I got the bathrooms cleaned. During lunch time, I worked on the some of the dining room and living room . We're using every spare room in our home for video conferencing. I really do not want to be in the background of the video conferencing though it might be fun to embarrass everyone. LOL!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Another productive day here. I finished my FlyLady work and then started in on the first envelope of pictures to be labeled. The envelope is about an inch thick. We've had rain here just about every day since last week. We might get some sun tomorrow. If that is the case, I'm going to tackle the flower bed. I can see the weeds from the window. :(

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did the bathroom today and DH wall mopped the hallway and hung some art work from dgds for Christmas. Small canvas with rainbows.
I am hoping to get to the guest bedroom too since I spent yesterday with DD here while her car was being repaired.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I finished up the costume. This was supposed to be prom weekend and the Lion King was going to be performed this weekend. Instead, everyone dressed up as if they were heading to their destinations and I took pictures outside. Our neighbors came out and they took pictures too.

I am now working on making a denim mask for myself. We are being encouraged to wear masks in public. I am soooo not a sewer. Drastic times call for drastic measures...

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I am searching for bandanas in the house today. If I can't find those then scarves. The Surgeon General also has a video up on how to fold t-shirts and other items into masks. Someone posted it into one of my groups on FB.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Still working on Guest room and office. I hope to finish today. DH and I got caught up in a funk so we changed plans and binged watch a program on Netflix.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH and I got caught up in a funk so we changed plans and binged watch a program on Netflix.
We are doing much the same. There is no rush to get the housework done so feel it's OK to take our time.