March Family Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Saturday is our March family breakfast. We'll have all the usual food-bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes and sausage, because they would probably lynch me if I didn't have all that! I was thinking about decorating with a French theme, but I think I'll save that for April and go Irish this month!

Of course, I'll use a green tablecloth, with a piece of shamrock printed fabric layered on, topped by a piece of "Irish" lace (ok, it's just regular lace, but no one has to know that!! LOL!). I bought a shamrock plant this weekend, and I'm thinking I'll go get two more of those and put them down the table as the centerpiece. I'll use my good old standby white plates, and I'm thinking I'll make napkins from a couple of different prints of St. Patrick's Day fabric, and maybe even throw in a couple in gingham--I AM the gingham queen, you know!

I wish I had some authentic Irish linens to use, but, alas I do not. No one will notice, believe me. I'm thinking about making Irish coffee, too! Wooo....that's big for us!! We don't drink much, but I do have a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream tucked back in the cabinet that would be good in coffee, too!

I didn't want to do an Easter theme because the same group will be here for Easter lunch, and I wanted to keep that fresh. By the way...I found the cutest grapevine basket shaped like a bunny, loaded with silk cabbages, lettuce and other sping veggies at the flea market for--are you ready for this?--only $12!! Oh, yes, I DID!! Love it...I'll be posting a picture of it on my blog later today.

Any other ideas for March breakfast? I'm going to go Google "Irish Breakfast" and see what pops up...if anything changes in my planning, you chicks will be the first to know!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
After doing a little research, it appears that I'm not that far off with my breakfast plans. I'll add some homemade bread and a batch of scones and should be pretty good. Of course we always have orange juice and butter and preserves, so I think it'll be ok!!

I may purchase a white tablecloth to use, but not sure the budget will allow that this week...I already have a green one so I'll probably use that.