Monday June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I slept pretty good last night but wouldn't mind alittle more! LOL

I think I might of gotten my pictures copied to a flash drive last night but not sure. It was transferring but can't seem to get the flash drive to show me the pictures. Don't see why I can't be more techy!?!?!?!?!?!

Today is work and a meeting so hoping to be home by 7.

Stuff is all over the front room from Allen going thru 2 boxes last night. So tonight will be sorting and putting it away. I hope.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Today was NOT a good day at school. The kids were at each other for what seemed like ALL day. I ended up staggering break time as I just did not trust that the whole situation would not blow up today. Im not sure what was up. Most of our kids are related to each other- brothers, sisters, cousins etc... I tried to call several sets of parents but got no reply. Now Im sure something is going on locally. Not only do we deal with the kids we also deal with the family dramas when someone goes to jail, comes out, snitches on someone (adults), steals someones drugs, runs off with someones husband, wife etc....

Bottom line is I will not put up with this garbage. If necessary I will split the trouble makers and keep them apart til it is either settled or someone gives in. It WONT be me! I will have courtesy and respect through the school. If it takes every, single school day til the end of the year! It got so bad today that I had the teachers remove scissors etc.. from the classrooms. Not sure how kids are supposed to learn anything but I will figure that out tomorrow.

Fortunately its been a calm, stress free evening at home. Luke requested hot dogs for dinner- he does not normally like them much but as it was so easy I was happy to go along with his request.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Hot and rainy today.
    Got back home at 5:00 last night. We had a great weekend with family, except for one sil who is driving my brother's kids nuts and my parents too... I think they will tell her real soon that she is nuts .. uh-oh. My brother has been sleeping in his car a few nights a week instead of in the house with her. Just not a good situation.
    The mud race was great for the kids, followed by hot-dogs at sis' house. supper at mom's. Sunday was father's day lunch at my brother's new house. very nice house. of course my tummy had to act up after lunch :( .
    went to chat at sil's house about an hour last night.
    Today is laundry, laundry, laundry, did I say laundry? I did the one-thing-per-room decluttering too.

Diedra - so glad Vanessa is doing great with the new med
    Annie - welcome back! missed you lots

Haven't taken notes but have read all that was going on during the weekend. This place is MY own private 'Home' :)

teachermomof2 likes this.
  5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's pouring down rain! I'm not sure when this is going to end. I'm hoping for the best for the city because they've been having a lot of problems since the sewage lines have been replaced. No one accounted for storm run off when they separated the lines....what a mess! Our city has been flooded with massive casualties 3 times....1889,1936 and 1977, all due to dam breaks after heavy rains. Hopefully we won't have that happen again.

Father's Day was pretty mellow. My mom is still mad at me. o_O That was a little awkward....I watched the Pirates game with my dad after we ate, then we went to visit fil. I got to spend more time with dn. She's 3 months and is growing and blooming each day....smiling and cooing away. She is such a pleasant baby and so curious about everything. BIL and SIL dropped off some things for the party. I'm borrowing her chalkboard and some shutters for my display of H's photos and such.

I slept okay until about 6. Then it was on and off until the alarm went off at 7. J left for his conference and I did my walking with Leslie. Then H left to go and help Pap on the farm. I'm not sure if the rain is stopping their progress or not. Then he's going to rip out shrubs at his gf's house. Her mom said she'd pay H to do the work, so he hopes to do that today, too. I'm not sure what I'll do with myself today. It's one of those days that I don't have to do anything....rare for sure.

Jane...I hope you are resting and taking meds to reduce your fever.
    Tanya...how refreshing to hear of an administrator taking steps to prevent chaos in the school. Good job! That kind of discord certainly makes learning difficult. We have much of the same environment in our district. I'm glad you had an easy evening at home.
    Lana....do you use windows? If you take out the flash drive and reinsert it, your computer should automatically ask you if you want to view your files. Then you can select how you'd like to view them. Or look on your tool bar at the bottom of the page for the file folders in a holder....click on that and choose your drive.

Now that I've written a book, I guess I'll get moving along. ttyl!

~peace~

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's awfully hot - to be 98° today. We have a forest fire up the mountain from us - after the weekend it's still 0% contained and growing. There are a lot of dead pines, thanks to a bark beetle infestation years ago; lots of food for a fire. Sad, it used to be a bit of heaven on earth - so beautiful.

The house is picked up, floors are swept, and bread is going in the bread maker. DH is still sleeping and I need to head out to the garage.

I'm still plugging away, going thru boxes and getting rid of stuff. I keep finding treasures that I haven't seen or used in years.

Have a great day.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

My truck is officially gone and will be on the way to Hawaii soon! They said it should be there no later than August 7th, but we're hoping for a week earlier than that so we only have to have a rental for a week. We picked up the dogs on the way home and now the dogs and I are chillin' at home. I just called Spectrum to cancel our service next week, so that's done. The guy was super nice and quick on the phone. I wish all phone calls were that easy. I need to get my butt up and start working. There is so much to do before the packers come on Wednesday.

DH went to get his clearing papers and then he'll go try to license the motorcycle. Our farewell dinner is this evening so I have limited time to get things done.

Enjoy your day!

8. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Tanya - having to remove the scissors? Wow. I hope things settle down soon.

It is a nice sunny day here, so I will be spending some time outside doing yard work. I will be doing a little bit of everything today, it will be nice to keep busy.

Have a great day!

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Typed a post and lost it....

Still low grade fever, but DD20 has an appointment in Monroe at 2:30, so I'll take something for the fever and to generally feel better so I can go with her. She fell at college about 18 months ago and broke some ribs, but her now her back is bothering her. Don't know if the two are related.

The repairman is coming to look at the stove tomorrow. Hope it can be repaired and not replaced. Guess I should try to clean it. I used to be really diligent about it, but not so much lately.

Gotta run...need to make tuna for DH. Wish I liked it, but I don't.

Hope you all are having a good day.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Have vaccumed all 1st floor, laundry is done (have a load of towels to fold later on). Made some pasta for tomorrow night. Dishes are done.Tonight will be sausages and mashed potatoes. Have done tons of ironing too. Now I need to go sit outside while it's nice and not raining. I'm writing down my to-do list for my staycation next week... mornings will be dedicated to chores and afternoons to crafting, reading and relaxing. Have made an appointment for osteopath, just an adjustment... there was room this week but can't miss work as cw is not back from vacation yet... so it's the 4th.. isn't it sad? I'll have to add another day to my vacation :) Prepped clothes for gym & work tomorrow.
    Still have a few things to do but will spend some time outside, a little time inside... baby steps as Sparklenana used to say!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Off to work for me, this new roster and I are becoming friends. There is still some stuff that needs to be cleared up form when old CW left so she is coming over tonight after work to give me a hand to look at some things. Hopefully I can get it all sorted out and I won't have to call her again. The problem is that at the moment there are too many fingers in the pie. I would be happier if just for now it was me managing the banking and bills etc and then when I get it under control add new CW to the mix.
    Anyway , I hope that you all have a great day,
    Much love.

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

The rain stopped for now and the sun came out for a bit. The temps really dropped though. The hotter temps will return soon enough.

I did some chores...washed pillows from the couches, did the drapes in our bedroom, baked cookies, made dinner, put away odds and ends. Just putting around. I'm tired, so I will probably go get in the tub for awhile, then settle in to watch a movie or two.

Hope ya all have a great night!

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I got DD's room, Eli's room and the kids bathroom done. Tomorrow I will work on our bedroom. Our farewell dinner was nice and I got a lovely gift of a new camera strap, coffee mug and journal from my three favorite female drill sergeants. We are home now and watching a movie in bed. I will most likely fall asleep, i'm wiped.

Goodnight friends.

14. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Evening,

I did all the yard work I wanted to this morning. The rest of the day was hot and muggy, so I am glad I got it done early. Spent the rest of the day puttering, but didn't seem to accomplish much - oh well, there is always tomorrow.

Good night.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I'm feeling pretty lousy. I think what I have must be viral and just needs to run its course, but I'll give it tomorrow, and if it's not better, I'll go to the doctor on Wednesday. Unless it's much worse tomorrow. Then, I'll go after the repairman comes. Or leave DH home to deal with the repairman.

DD20 is going to have to have an MRI on her back. It may be a torn ligament from when she fell at college. If so, she may have to have surgery. :eek:o_O:( Which may mean no mission trip to Mexico and will devastate her. Lots of things hanging in the balance if she does....

I'm off to bed. Fever is still hanging on. I slept like a log last night. Hope I do tonight, too.

16. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Oh my; it sounds like such a stressful situation. I'm behind on posts, but I hope that the rest of the school days were much calmer.

tanya likes this.