Monday Mania 3/20/17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Morning MHHers!

2. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I have a free day today! Shocking I know. I do need to run to the Battalion and get in the FRG closet and pull some items for the Cadre breakfast in the morning but that's the extent of my "working". Not sure what i'll do with my time today. I should go do some shopping for myself. I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to Cancun for the wedding. It would be roughly $1200 for the flight and hotel. The resort is all inclusive so I wouldn't need to worry about food or drinks while there. I need to decide in the next day or two.

I have a book I need to drop at the library and another that needs to go to the big library in town. I could start going through some stuff here, but that doesn't sound very fun. Haha We'll see what the day brings, it usually brings something that needs doing.

Enjoy your day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Good morning!

Lovely weekend here - quiet, slow, just what we needed after Vic's crazy three weeks of traveling. He's home now for a while - yippee! I'm off today to the gift shop Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and then headed out to buy a new pair of jeans. My favorite pair have reached the worn to a thread stage. It's the Blogging From A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal day over in the blogsphere so if you were thinking of playing along, today's the day to declare yourself. You don't even really need a theme, you can just blog about anything with the day's letter. Hope some of you will join in - the key to success is to get your blog posts written BEFORE the challenge begins and just have them auto-post each day!

Have a great one!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!!!

Today is the first day of spring and also Allens birthday!

To be around 70 today.

Normally I am off every other Thursday but with Linda having surgery Wed., I am off tomorrow so my week will seem long. Today will be my 2nd day of training on one thing. Think I should of had more .......

After coming home from my sisters yesterday Allen and I walked around the yard and garden.

Allen will take taxes in today.

Jess, enjoy your down time.

Pam, hope you find your jeans. Enjoy Vic being home.

I better go and get ready---everybody have a GREAT day!

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! Happy Spring!

The crud is making it's rounds. M woke us at 3 am with news of her throwing up. She's been sick repeatedly since then, so not much sleep for us last night. I am still fighting this bug, too. So, I am home with M for the day. I sent my sub plans to a colleague, but not even sure that I'll have a sub since another teacher is out today, too.
    J has training, so he couldn't take off this time. I will continue my disinfecting of the house today.

M's team won first place and scored high gold in both their routines yesterday. I thought tap would score higher because they nailed it...and did get first out of four acts, but was hoping for Platinum. I am proud of them. The event was really running ahead, so we were out of there about an hour early. Then we met H and his gf for dinner.

Lana...hope the week flies by for you!
    Jess....enjoy the down time!
    Pamela...enjoy Vic being home and I hope you find some jeans!

~peace~

6. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

I have barely had a chance to breathe here lately- everything is still crazy busy! Good but busy!
    The rain has been back which means the house is a mud pit 10 minutes after the floors have been done. I was out today and my cleaner took a photo to send me to show that she had actually done the floors before Kelso tracked more mud inside. Oh well! I Like them clean to start with so we can have fresh mud rather than old mud!

Lisa- big congratulations to Miss M! Sorry your both unwell. A day at home may be just the thing for you both.
    Lana- Happy Birthday to Allen
    Pamela- hope you find the perfect pair- if you do buy 10 pairs because as soon as you find the perfect pair they will stop making them.
    Jess- enjoy some down time just for you.

Sending love and hugs to all.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

Happy 1st day of Spring! Hopefully our temperature will be Spring like high is suppose to be around 50*

I have work today. There is lots of organizing and ordering to do for our opening weekend in 4 weeks. I have gotten a lot done but need to confirm with boss before moving head, she has been out of the office a lot because her mom has been in the hospital and she's been interviewing for summer staff.

After work I hope to do some "putting/throwing away" I just can't keep up with getting things back in their place with so many in the house not putting it back when they are done.

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

So true!

9. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good Morning and Happy First Day of Spring!

We have a layer of frost on everything and sunshine. The yard is finally drying up.

I am going to get the housework done before I head into the city for appointments. The tendonitis in my wrists is really bad and has been for several months, so I started physio last week. I will stop and see if I can get a haircut after that.

I will spend the afternoon working on my To Do list, I have fallen a bit behind with stuff while I have been dealing with other things.

Have a great day!

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! we had a great weekend with family. dd has chosen her vacation and she has 1 week at the same time as we do... so she wants to come with us and go to the beach.. we were thinking New Hampton as we have never been there... not easy to find a place by the beach during our vacation period not too $$... been looking on the net all morning :(
    Saturday we had a family supper with my brothers & sis & parents. Only one missing is dniece... she is 16 and giving her dad alot of grief :( so sad he doesn't deserve that after losing one child to sickness and he has always taken care of her. of course she is also giving grief to her mom but I think she couldn't care less. so now she is living with her boyfriend. Her dad wanted the police to bring her back home but they say they can't as she is 16, and they know where she is and she is safe. Adolescence is a rough time :( Sunday we had brunch at my sis's house and then a little shopping. got home around 5. Have had 2 people come for dd's car we are selling.

today was internet looking up places for vacation, vacum all 1st floor, laundry, laundry, laundry, washed bathroom. called internet provider, called neighbor (she had sent over a sugar pie and some meat pies so wanted to thank her.... and now seems I have a tupperware party at her house april 9th). oh well... Have packed gym clothes for tomorrow, menu planned, cooked some hard boiled eggs, did tons of handwashed dishes and picked up the mail. Need to go prep sheppard's pie for supper.

11. halimer

halimer Active Member

Hi everyone! Happy first day of spring! It is lovely here in Tampa and not so bad in NYC from what I hear.

DH and I drove up to Lakeland -40 mi- for a Mets game. Definitely a sign of spring. Came home to a clean house thanks to our cleaning lady.

Tomorrow taxes and stuff will go out in the mail so one less thing to worry about.

Jess - so what did you do on your free day?
    Lucie - glad you had a lovely weekend
    Tanya - it must be very exciting with all of Luke's prep work
    Mel - hope the PT helps
    Lisa - sorry to hear that M is sick too
    Lana - happy birthday to Allen
    Pamela - glad to hear that Vic is home for a while
    Hi Jody

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers
    DD did not have too bad a day. Not a happy day but not a screaming fit day either. She was not happy that LC1 did not show up at 8am. LC1 was on the schedule for being here at 1pm but DD didn't see why she couldn't come earlier. lol

I made Shrimp and Lobster Lasagna for dinner. Just made a cream sauce with dill and lemon pepper. Added the shrimp and lobster and layered with cheese and noodles. I'll be making it again. DD did not like it at all but the rest of us give it A+++++s.

I have been working in bedroom (FlyLady area this week). I took two garage bags of items to Goodwill this afternoon. Both bags were out of my craft closet. I'll try to get another bag ready for tomorrow. I'm trying to be ruthless is decluttering. Twillow better watch out or I'll haul him off too. He's attempting to open my closet door and it's making a racket.

DS looked at a house he liked today. It's small and an older (but updated) place. Nice yard and neighborhood. I think he'll put in a bid but it is a sellers market so none of us are putting our hopes on it. It had only been listed 2 hours when he looked at it. He really doesn't have to hurry to find a place but he'd like a place of his own.

Dh was a little upset that the golf course didn't open today so he is out fertilizing our lawn. It is really nice out.

Wishing all a good evening. Prayers to all.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Diedra, that sounds very good! Great job on cleaning!

It got to 86 today and they said it would be 78. Broke a record--I think. Tom. to be only 60's and then rain coming in for 5 or 6 days.

Allen put potatoes out today. 50 pounds. He cooked hamburgers on the grill.

I am going to go start in my room--would like to get thru the clothes and put up before bed but I am REALLY tired. Windows are open and sliding door.

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lisa, hope all are getting better!

Debbie cleaning lady sounds nice.

Lucie, always busy. Sorry about your niece. Glad DD wants to go with you.

Tanya, Jody and Mel HI!