Mother's Day Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Guess I'm cooking. I hate to go out on a holiday. Too many people, serve gets bad and you feel you need to rush because there are people waiting.

I'd like lobster and a salad. Maybe a DQ cake. Will have to think about it tomorrow.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I was thinking about that earlier. This always takes place at my mom's house. I think I may spend the night at her house Saturday so I can help her. I don't want her trying to do everything by herself. I'll have to talk to her about it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
No idea. Every year I have this grand idea that DH and the kids will plan the entire day for me, a spa visit would be nice for a massage, a meal and whatever. LOL But it never quite happens like that. I really have no idea what that day will entail.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I'm with you, MrsSoup, no clue what my husband and daughter have planned. I seem to remember last year was along the lines of breakfast in bed with cards and gifts following by "What do you want to do today, Mom?".

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Jessica~that's my fantasy too, but never happens. lol

I have no idea what's on the agenda. We'll visit my mom and dh's mom. I don't feel up to having a large party, but maybe brunch for the moms. Then I'll have the rest of the day.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I look forward to getting Chinese food for Mother's day. My son always draws me a fun card. It's really just another Sunday for us.

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
I'd been waiting for years, while frequently dropping hints, for DH to take me to the restaurant (not far from here) that has my favorite meal. This year I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "I really want to go to Jake's." It worked...we have reservations!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WiJulie... yep, you have to be clear with husbands... subtle hints don't work ;)

We will go to the restaurant with MIL. We will go to my moms the weekend after that. Put my sister on the gift buying (she lives closer to mom). For me... well usually there isn't really anything special... kids might give me a card.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I look forward to getting Chinese food for Mother's day. My son always draws me a fun card. It's really just another Sunday for us.

Would be cute to frame all this cards to display on a wall.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'd been waiting for years, while frequently dropping hints, for DH to take me to the restaurant (not far from here) that has my favorite meal. This year I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "I really want to go to Jake's." It worked...we have reservations!!!
Yep, the direct approach is great. Have a wonderful time.