My smash Christmas notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZ-tv5TsjM&feature=relmfu

this is similar to how I did mine.
After I crumpled the pages I sprayed the edges with glimmer mist while it was fluffy, then I ironed the pages so it would not be as thick.
And I added a belt around the middle to hold it closed.
I will add enough stuff to make it fat again any way.
I have been tearing out stuff from magazines and gluing them in my smash Christmas planner.
I also have printed out pictures of cute ideals I saved from the internet and glued them in along with Christmas stories I have had emailed to me.
Recipes I have jotted down and menus and grocery list for Christmas and Thanksgiving menus.
And when I get those sudden brain storms at work that I jot on post its or scraps of paper I glue them into the book also.
and it fits in my bag!

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Thanks for the link Debbie, I really enjoy it. I love all things scrapbooking.
It looks like it would be a lot of fun to make and look through. ~ Farmerswife

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sounds very exciting. Wouldn't be nice if our grandmother's had done one of these.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I've been going threw all of my old cook books like the one that my grandmother gave to my mom and she gave it to me; and scanning some recipes and printing them out. Then smashing them into my Christmas smash book planner.
I printed out all the articles for the HGP, and the CC and trimmed them down and smashed them into my smash book planner also.
I am going to do a Bible study on Luke 2 then print it and stick it into the book.
I also did one for the advent prayers, and a section on Christmas lore.
I am also sticking in my Holiday menus and grocery list for the menus; and putting then in so I don't have to make grocery list at the last minute.
I'm also making a list of any prep work that can be done way ahead of the dinners too.

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks for the link Debbi, this looks so fun! Now I have to figure out what I want to put in one...

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I printed out all of the Holiday Grand Plan articles on the OC and the Christmas countdown and trimmed them down and glued them into my smash book. I got 8x1/2 by 5 1/2 page protectors and trimmed off the hole part and put them in where the list go's with tacky tape for all of my holiday planning list.
I just added a section for my Christmas Sock Hop plans. I put Christmas scrapbook paper and titles behind the clear protectors.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Oh Love this I can see Im going to be making a few of these!

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
I just started a "smash" book, but I'm having a bit of touble.

I'd like to divide it up, but don't know how many pages to put between dividers....pretty odd question, but how do you divide your's?

I titled mine...."RANDOM".....and it's just that. I'd like to organize it a wee bit, however.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Pippi

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
LOL I dyed the front half green for Christmas and the back half orange for fall, The whole point of a smash book is to just get it stuck in there. and that's what I do if I try to organize it would drive me nuts. And so far it's working out great. If I'm working on something I just stick a postit on that page. I also have some removable tabs I got at the office supply.

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Thanks Debbie! I'm just gonna jump in & see where it takes me!!!

Thank you for your inspiration.

Pippi

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I was watching the red headed hostesses utube on scripture journaling, and looking at her blog.
She numbers each page, and leaves the first 2 blank for a table of contents then puts into the content what ever she has on that numbered page. If she needs more room on any given page she puts continued on page 6 or what ever, then on that page continued from page 6.
I've been numbering all of my smash books and journals. rotflol