New Year's Eve Meals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We are staying in tonight. I'm planning finger foods....wings, potato skins, with snacks through the evening.

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We are doing make your own pizza with fruit punch or soda plus snack food.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Chinese take out.

Would also like to put out some cheese and crackers at some point.

Dessert ideas????

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I am making homemade pizza. I like the idea of cheese and crackers, summer sausage too. We also bought a London broil but I'll make that later in the week. We haven't had homemade pizza in a long time so I'm looking forward to that.

We have two slices of chocolate ganache cake from Publix bakery for dessert, which we will have at midnight with out champagne. I can't wait for strawberry season that is coming up!

Our Chinese takeout place moved to a different location in the same strip mall, but they are still under construction. I can't wait until it is open! The decor looks beautiful through the window.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm thinking that we will just do snack food as well. I will most likely pick up one of those pepperoni, salami, cheese and cracker trays and then maybe make some rollups or mini pigs in blankets or something to go along with it and put out some veggies to munch on. DH mentioned wanting a cake the last time we were at the store so maybe i'll do that too.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Chinese take out.

Would also like to put out some cheese and crackers at some point.

Dessert ideas????

I made rice crispy treats. We needed gluten free snacks tonight. I have a great pumpkin roll recipe I would like to make but guest can't eat it.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am making burgers for dinner and pigs in a blanket for later tonight. Still have plenty of cookies leftover and I have cheese and crackers too. Very low key night tonight.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone had great ideas! We did the cheese, crackers, and summer sausage ... but I like the idea of Chinese take out for next year!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I love the idea of Chinese take out too. We only have one Chinese place now, and the wait is at least 30 minutes on a good day, I can't imagine what it is on New Year's Eve!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I made twice-baked potatoes with bacon -- which we very well-received. LOVE the idea of Chinese take-out! I'm going to write down both ideas for next year and figure out how to prep them in advance. The potatoes took a while -- but Costco's new chopped bacon really was a time saver! Yeah - Chinese sounds REALLY good. I'd have to make it all myself though since we are gluten free. This is going on the freezer cooking thread! Yum!