November 2015 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Any 'special' places getting decluttered this month?

Yesterday I took some old file folders and got all the paper in the shredder... old papers I kept when I started living in an appt with dh... I kept them as a souvenir... don't need those at all!

Have a few more files out to declutter today. My objective this winter (I am giving myself lots of time) is to put 2 filing cabinets in 1!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I really, really should go through my Halloween decorations as I put them away and get rid of lights that don't work or decorations that are junk or that I don't use anymore. However, I didn't use a lot of stuff this year because our porch was so small and most of my stuff is porch stuff.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Still stuck on shredding office files (no time this past month) and unjamming my attic which is once again got a traffic jam going with sessional decor and suitcases. In thinking about it, it just hit me that what would REALLY help is if I had these two categories stored in different locations. Thing is ~ I do not have two different locations that would hold them. I will have to think about that.

I could use some holiday seasonal decluttering as well.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
2 more kitchen garbage bags of shredded papers done today. And as I was putting it out to recycling I noticed dh got rid of lots of boxes from his garage this weekend :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have no particular plans, I will declutter Christmas as I start to pull it out.
I probably won't do any serious decluttering now until January when I start to put away what we got for Christmas.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
De-clutter

I believe I will tackle the little plastic drawer bin in the computer/art/junk room and weed out the crap!

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
2 bags of old catalogs and magazines to the recycle. 2 boxes at the ready for donation. No special plans. Just trying to declutter as I go along. Main areas people will see (Livingroom, Family Rm, Kitchen, and Powder room) if they stop by for the holidays- fortunately most of my friends are messy too! Need to shred some papers and file others. If I see something that needs to go-out it goes!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
My closet!!!
Old, out-dated clothes that don't fit me.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
My closet!!!
Old, out-dated clothes that don't fit me.
I did actually go through my closet yesterday, too! It wasn't my planned things ... but it works, right?!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did actually go through my closet yesterday, too! It wasn't my planned things ... but it works, right?!

As long as it is out of the house it works.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
De-clutter

I believe I will tackle the little plastic drawer bin in the computer/art/junk room and weed out the crap!

I went through those drawers! Why oh why ... does the crap-o-la pile up in the first place. Oh, I know ... "I think I'll keep it. I might use it one day." NOT

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As I am getting older, the "I might need it one day" theory happens less and less. I find that I am just keeping things specific to my needs and if I don't have something I have the means to buy it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH is gone to the recycling center to get rid of 1 piece of furniture! would've liked that he had gotten rid of more, but I'll take what I get!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
On Wed. Allen took a full trash bag and another one over half full to Goodwill along with an electric typewriter and the big old VCR recorder we had. The typewriter was like new but with computers.... The bags had clothes, wicker baskets, new lotion, etc.....

We cleaned a lot in our room and threw a lot away and papers but still more to go thru.

Once again Allen is in the mood to pitch crap so hoping after the holidays and we have more time that we will do that!!!!!!

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I am working on decluttering everything, but especially Christmas. My word for 2016 is SIMPLIFY. I can no longer keep up with 60 crates, trees and assorted decorations. So downsizing as I go through a box or crate. Only put up one tree this year. Got rid of several things just in a few crates. HARD to do but I am doing it!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am working on decluttering everything, but especially Christmas. My word for 2016 is SIMPLIFY. I can no longer keep up with 60 crates, trees and assorted decorations. So downsizing as I go through a box or crate. Only put up one tree this year. Got rid of several things just in a few crates. HARD to do but I am doing it!

Wow!! You are really living your word.

Good for you!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jinglewhale, 60 crates!!! OMG. Good luck with simplifying that.