October 2017 - Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Working at decluttering stuff kept in the linen closet. Found the missing tablecloths and will put them where they belong. I went through the bed sheets and am only keeping 3 sets per bed. That is plenty in my book. Sorted towels and turned many into cleaning cloths. Have everything in baskets to go on the shelves for easy access.
Just need to label them. I have curtains I am not currently using but still have rooms to re-decorate before I send them out the door. I believe one set will go into DS's room. Progress is being made. This weekend I need to get a lot done while I have the house to myself. Lots of woodwork and cabinets to paint. I am trying to keep myself motivated by telling myself that I will get a break and get to plan for the holidays once it is done. I also have new set of PW pots and pans to use once the kitchen is done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cleaned computer desk top off and lots in the trash and found just alittle filing for 2017. We have really kept up on that this year!!! :) :) :)

Getting ready to move the computer out to do some sanding so not sure when or where it will go and I will connect again. Maybe it will just be down while sanding.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Keep going Lana, you will get there! We will be thinking of you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Doing a great job ladies. I have come to a standstill this week, just not enough hours in the day. Will get back into it soon and should have it all done before Christmas.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Slowly getting my husband to think that 'less is best'. He's a natural pack rat ....
I know what you mean!! I live with DH, DD25, DS14 ... all pack rats! But I try to de-clutter anyway!! LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started washing the kitchen cabinets yesterday. Gave the juicer machine to ds to bring to the appartment where he lives with his girlfriend during the week + 6 cups + swizzle sticks (pretty but never used them). Got rid of about 10 plastic glasses too. Still have more to go through.
I wish I'd find a new set of dishes... that way I could get rid of 2 old sets (need all the dishes during Christmas or one of them would already be out of here).
I hesitate between regular white dishes or Corelle dishes. my mom & sis swear by Corelle (lighter)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of 6 more cups yesterday and DS got rid of 6 t-shirts. I had my mixer and my chopper away at the bottom (far to reach) places - they are now in plain sight and now I have space for them :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Getting rid of one cheese grater (to DS) and 1 tupperware bowl (to dd). In the linen closet I'm getting rid of a blanket (will give to the homeless shelter this week) and 1 set of bed cover with pillow (single bed... dont have any more single beds in the house).
Threw away a few empty yogourt pots I was keeping for nothing.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Plastic lids went out to trash, more papers out to burn and more boxes started for auction again. Stuff sold for 113.00 and we got 84 after her cut. Which is fine otherwise would of went to Goodwill.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got through some computer paper tonight. Have a lot of it stored in the desk and all taken out to move. Put same styles all together, threw out bent sheets and have some together to donate to preschool the cardboard stock.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
did the one-thing a room
Office - 1 power yoga dvd will be given to dd
DD's room - got 1 of my t-shirts given away (it's nice but never wear it because I feel the cleavage is too much)
DS's room - nothing... he decluttered alot of t-shirts a few weeks back... now I'll have him do his desk this weekend.
Basement LR - 1 audio cassette
Basement bathroom - 1 candle
Kitchen - kitchen cabinets got done last week and decluttered then.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS has been working on his room all week, I think we are nearly finished.
DD is working in the sunroom, it has never really been completely finished since we moved in 12 months ago. It is looking good.
Have about 7 bags of donations to take to the charity bin.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went in the basement pantry yesterday and got some stuff ds has bought but never eaten. put it all in a bag and it is ready for him to take to his girlfriend's appartment where he lives all week long. if he doesn't want it it will get donated to the food banks. Got rid of boxes and bags in there. DH got rid of a few things in the garage too.