October 2018 Declutter Club!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Took some outgrown clothes from DS's room down to donation pile. Also gloves/hats that were too small for him - plus a winter scarf I'm not going to wear again. Too many new pretty ones!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to do this on my craft closet. There really is no reason for me to have two 6 ft by 4 ft closets with craft items i no long use. lol

I have moved a few empty boxes into the storage area right next to these places. Now when I see something I can just drop it right into the box.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I just got back from Goodwill, I loaded my car trunk backseat and front seat. Lots of the stuff we pulled down from the garage loft is out of the house. I have many more bins to go through. I am emptying a bin taking picture of items sending them to owner and asking what should be kept. If they get rid of it all at least they have a picture right? I am not the one that should be doing this BUT someone needs to so this is how it will get done.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MissJoDee, Glad you are taking the reins on the decluttering for them! If it was really important to them it would have been taken care of by themselves.

Reactions: missjane

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A couple more rooms to go through here. My room and my closet, the kitchen, loungeroom, study and laundry. Still need to do DS bathroom. would love DH to go through the garage but that is a long shot. If I keep to my schedule I should be done by the first weeks of November just in time to really hit high gear with Christmas prep.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am taking a sweatshirt to a co-worker today. One with the bank logos. I RARELY wear long sleeves and have 2 that haven't been wore so will keep one and take her the other. Have had them a few years. I will wear a sweatshirt if really cold and not mess with a coat at times. (usually a hoodie tho)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished my room, have not done my wardrobe yet, will tackle that on the weekend.
Threw out a whole heap of old receipts that I no longer need. Also a few old birthday and Mother's Day cards that I was keeping for some reason. Everything looks nice in there now. Will be interesting to see what I can get rid of in the wardrobe and my drawers.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got rid of 8 more magazines and 2 months worth of grocery/sales advertisements from one of my kitchen drawers. Ahhh... little by little... I am seeing progress.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of expired cold syrup and other cold medication that was expired. will have to buy new cold medication

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lucie - I swear that every time I go through meds I throw out at least HALF or more of it due to expiration dates. It's crazy! I need to go through our baskets again AND the medication shelf on the door of the fridge!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DS is coming out this weekend and he and DH are supposed to work on the garage! If this truly happens it will be amazing!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie and AJ, same here with the medications. I am constantly throwing out expired medicines.
I need to do our medicines again when I get to deep cleaning the kitchen. Luckily we were cough and cold free this Winter and I am sure there is some items that will be expired.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got thru the toys and all in front room so threw some broken items away but mostly papers of stuff she was keeping. She never looks at them again but won't part with them so they are gone as is some old playdoh that was dried up. You have to do so she doesn't see.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Threw out 4 pairs of socks and donated another 3 pairs. Donated some too small leggings and a few tee shirts that don't really suit me.
Went shopping yesterday and replace the socks and some underpants so I think I am OK for now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of a pair of fake-suede long boots. Gave them to mom so she can bring them to niece.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I emptied another bin from the garage. I had to put DD(29) many boxes on hold as she is so anxious about the wedding. She is working lots of overtime plus her and finance` got weekend job working at a Corn Maze. I did talk her into getting a massage to help her relax.

I also did have the laundry room today and just have the shelf above the washer and dryer to clean off and the appliances. The stuff on the shelf I have not touched in a while. I will need to be ruthless about what I keep.