Reading Log 2017

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by happy2bme, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ChristmasRose

ChristmasRose Member

I've been gone a long time. My husband had a quadruple bypass (twice!) a couple of years ago, and I was diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer last year. Had to stop my chemo because of neuropathy, but while I was having it, I read a lot! I enjoyed the Bianca Goddard mystery series by Mary Lawrence (Death of an Alchemist, etc). Also enjoyed a couple of Karen MacInerney's series, but, I must say, Whale of a Crime had a huge number of mistakes in it. Don't publishers use proofreaders any more?! Typos, words missing, wrong words, she called a detective him and her in the same paragraph! I see things like this all the time in books, but this was more than usual.

I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath now. I like it better than the movie. One of my doctors is reading it, and he wanted me to read it, too. He's from Oklahoma, and is having a hard time with all the "Okies" being portrayed as so undeucated. Happy reading!

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

ChristmasRose, welcome back.

I am reading "Baxter Family Christmas" by Karen Kingsbury. I am halfway through and am enjoying it.

3. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Member

Currently reading ESCAPE FROM DANNEMORA.

4. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Welcome back, ChristmasRose. You have your hands full, but it is great that you are finding time to read.

I haven't been around for a while, but I have been reading. None of it is anything anyone would find exciting, so won't bore you with the details. I am finally starting to read some novels again and have my hands on the new Debbie Macomber - If Not For You. I am really looking forward to it.

Happy Reading!

5. sweetpumkinpye

Mel, just finished If Not For You. You will enjoy it.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Finished Ragdoll by Daniel Cole. Good police book but not quite the ending I thought. I'd say 4/5 in the rating

7. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Just finished Debbie Macomber's new book and loved it! :):):)

Not sure what to read next, will check my bookshelf to see what catches my eye.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield and really enjoyed it! Now i'm reading The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer and I haven't really gotten into it yet. Maybe I just haven't read far enough in yet. I'm also reading Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle, again not that into it yet, maybe for the same reason. I may just scrap both of them and get something else. We'll see.

9. sweetpumkinpye

Just finished "Against all odds" by Danielle Steel. It was not a bad read.
    Having finished that I have reached my goal of reading 10 books this year, so one of my goals for 2017 ticked off the list.