Reading Log 2017

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by happy2bme, Jan 2, 2017.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Finshed the Hygge book by Meik Wiking. I liked it ... explains why Danish people are so happy. Learned lots about the Danish culture. Of course some of the things we already know. The favorite Hygge happening? Christmas! wow they got me there :)

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Ordered a Hygge book from the library. tfs

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

Currently reading A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas and I have another one of her books waiting Rainshow Road. She is a new to me author and have been enjoying them. The Hygee book sounds interesting and my library has it so that will probably be the next book. Thanks for sharing Lucie.

4. luludou

Can't wait to see if you like it or not.

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lisa Kleypas's book is not available at our library. I did however order Christmas Eve at Friday Cove.
    I will read anything Christmassy so it will be good.

6. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

I am currently reading, Commonwealth by Ann Patchett

7. sweetpumkinpye

Am reading "Angel Lane" by Sheila Roberts. It is an easy read to enjoy just before bed.

happy2bme likes this.
  8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We have a new neighbor whose DD wrote the book I'm reading.
    Blind Devotion by Sharlene Prinsen. It's about her ex-military DH who had PTSD.
    I just started but it sounds good so far. I do not think it ends well for her DH.

9. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

I love Sheila Roberts!!

10. sweetpumkinpye

Just about to start "Christmas Eve at Friday Cove", looking forward to reading something Christmassy. Might make a hot chocolate and get reading.

11. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

As I am FINALLY finishing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (after a year or more) I am moving on to Curvy & Confident. I've begun Terror In The Adirondacks as well.

12. luludou

Summer rereading the Earth Children series by Jean M. Auel . 5/5 rating from me. Reread it every 2-3 years

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I haven't read the series in a while. I'll try to pick up the books at the library since I decluttered my paperbacks a few years ago.

14. luludou

Diedra I have a copy of them paperback, 1 in french for the ereader and am waiting impatiently for the english version in Riri's library on FB. Someone sent them in but waiting approval from group leader. If I get them I'll try sending them to you.

15. luludou

Got them! sent them via FB. They are too big to load on here

16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'll go see what I can do with them. Thanks

17. halimer

halimer Active Member

Just finished reading a book called Pachinko by Min Jin Lee about Koreans living in Japan. Very good. Also read the Two Family House by Linda Loigman about a family with a secret - a quick, enjoyable read. Still working on Sapians by Yuval Harari. Will look for the Hygge books.

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I ordered Pachinko which my library didn't have an e-copy so I'll have to wait for it to be shipped to the library. Will take a few day. Two family house has an e0copy but also a waiting list of 1. Hope that person is a fast reader. lol tfs

19. luludou

Pachinko sure looks interesting!

20. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

I've read two books so far this summer. :) The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a reread for me. It still is as funny as I remember. The other one is The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry. It wasn't one of my favorites. I will say that but it did inspire me to make sure that I do not to spend 20 yrs. of my life blaming others and losing sight of this one beautiful life that I have to live.

I'm currently reading A Man Called Ove. I'm just into Ch. 3 and not sure what I think of it at this point.