September 2018 Declutter Club!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
In the last week, I've gotten rid of three trash bags of papers, worn clothes, etc. from my daughers' bedrooms. This week I'm working on paper clutter in the office area. So far, it's been three grocery bags of paper. It feels good getting rid of it but the process itself, well, I could do without. LOL!

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Spent the last few days "helping" the kids clean and organize their bedrooms. DS's room is done and DD's room is 3/4 done and so far we have filled 2 kitchen trash bags of and have started a 3rd bag of things that are being thrown out (old shoes, food wrappers, broken toys, etc), and placed few shoes boxes/boxes and a stack of old school papers/old used notebooks/magazines in the recycle bin.

Last week the kids went through their clothes and pulled out clothes that no longer fit or they don't want. Was able to sell some on a facebook yard sale site for my area and donated the rest.

I finished up doing the same thing last week with my kids too. Hard work but worth it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Two more bags of paper of paper are out the door. :rolleyes:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
WTG Jody! Our outside buildings need BAD help!

I did clean the fridge out (everything out and wiped down) threw stuff away old and some don't know why it is in there.

We did our attached garage early this summer. But the big garage - yikes!! Have a ton of childhood stuff (mine) I need to go through. I think will wait for winter when the spiders etc are dead.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Why must there always be so much paper to go through. I think I am taking care of it daily and before I know it there is a huge basket full. Lots of it was the notes I made while planning Gospel Fest that I pulled from the binder I made for the person planning nest year. Emptied the basket.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Two garbage bags of worn/broken items went out yesterday and today I have two more grocery bags of paper. I decided redo the file system and bill paying system. The file system is done. I am sorting through all the paper work in the office drawers and cabinets. Three cabinets and two drawers are done. I have two more drawers to sort through and a box of papers that have to filed into the new system.

I feel like pulling my hair out while doing this. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Got some empty ink cartridges out the door with Teigan for school and baggie of soda tabs they collect too.

Got the filing all caught up for 2018 and lots of paper to trash from there. Have a few sacks of stuff to burn so not in the trash.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
One more bag of papers are gone. I dropped off one trash bags of clothes to a friend.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Another trash bag of clothes were dropped off to my cousin. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Must declutter the fridge and freezers, do an inventory and use up or toss old stock in there.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
You guys are fantastic! I was hoping to get a LOT out of the house when DD went off to college and we sure did gets TONS out. Now I need her to come back and get the other half! :)

I have several boxes loaded up because we have been clearing out FIL's house (he moved into a retirement home this summer). So I have HIS boxes in my mudroom PLUS the boxes of clothes that the kids have grown out of. I can barely fit myself in the mudroom. This all needs to go but we need to itemize it for tax deductions first (since it is too much not to). So its kinda backing up into the house right now. DH is on overtime this week so it is me and The Pile. (I have another pile in the Master and the Attic but the rest of the house is in good shape).

For now the piles keep growing til I can get them out. Added 4 pairs of DS's pants last night -- he's grown out of them.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went through my closet yesterday and pulled out all of the things that are too big for me and put them with pile of donations in basement. Little more room in the closet now!!! :)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered the bedroom and got a small grocery bag of stuff out. I just did this last month. :mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O Where does the stuff come from? Surely it is not I! :p:D

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Renewed contact today with the local women's shelter, dropped off some boxes, got their wishlist and told them to expect more. So now I kinda have a drop off schedule which will make all the difference.
So: 3 boxes gone.

Reactions: luludou