September declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
With all the holiday plans coming into action, do you still keep up with your decluttering? I want to... it so helps to go faster when the cleaning starts.

DD decluttered 5 more pairs of pants today :)
DH helped me out and we finally cleaned the freezer!!!!! woohooo!! we will be ready for the holiday baking & cooking! and I will be using up the leftover stuff in there this week & next week mostly :) 1st time that is ready for Christmas.

My focus this month will be on the papers in my bedside table and more in the basement.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm continuing! I've gotten rid of SO much with the support and encouragement on this board!

High five on the freezer, Luludou! Still haven't found the darn ice scraper so I guess cleaning out the basement freezer on this side moves to September -- and my next trip to the hardware store! All baking items in the baking drawer need to be swapped to gluten free also. Started it a couple days ago, tossing the old. Have the stuff, just haven't moved it from bags to bins yet.

Kids rooms are tomorrow. Teen DD's is still in process.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cindylouwho every little bit counts.

This afternoon told dh to get rid of the big outside chair cushions (4) that we had, they were falling apart and we didn't even use them this summer.

Then I told dh there was no space in the basement entryway with the folding chairs, so he is putting supports on the wall and at the same time I mentioned a wooden game that was leaning on the wall and that I wanted hung on a wall for some time so he will be putting it up tomorrow :)
Nice!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cleaned all the clutter from under my bed (which is where I stashed a lot of magazines and stuff at the last minute before the big spring party). Cleaned out all of it and then decided what-the-heck and unloaded my bedside table too. All now in a box to sort and toss.

I need new bedside tables.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
DH worked all day on our garage (in between visitors LOL) Almost have room to park my car :)

I emptied a couple of small boxes that had glassware in them, Been packed and stored in the garage. We are happy with the progress.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice job decluttering members.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
A 2' stack of unused, grown-out-of, clothes sorted out of DH's closet. Now in the donation box. Got DD to unclutter two shelves on her bookcase. I cleared out all my old bras, sports bras and underwear that I don't really use and after some creative re-arranging of the rest of them I scored myself an empty drawer. Awesome! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS got an old tv out of the house and in his friend's garage FINALLy!!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
that's what im planning on doing today . my closet and under the bed

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I do. Makes it easy when it's time to start decorating and especially when you start taking down the decorations. You know how you pick up more decorations throughout the season that you just have to have. ;)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Cut up a bag of cotton socks for rags, and tossed the elastic tops. They make great cleaning cloths (fits like a glove :) )
As I am doing laundry I have been tossing all the clothes that have too many holes-rips-stains to be salvageable, three shopping bags so far, making a list of new needed items for family Christmas gift suggestions.
With the HGP porch clean-up, I also tossed three unrepairable cracked pots!

So far so good!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
not much decluttering taking place this weekend but did throw out a big bowl that was cracked. also a small candle jar that I don't need.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
A big load out of the mudroom. Pulled old shoes, boots and jackets that no longer fit. A big box out of the door to either donation or the trash.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work everyone!

Got one plastic box of cereals in the give-away bag + 2 pairs of earrings (too heavy & too big).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have half a trash bag filled and ready to head for the thrift store.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Three bags of clothing, etc. for the Vietnam Vets to pick up.

Much "trash" tossed into the regular garbage along with a giant bag of shredded papers.

Still working....

Snowey

Premiere Member
We have decluttered do much in the last few weeks you would think we are moivng ! We had a garage sale last weekend ( even in the pouring down rain) and we made over $500.

On Monday I sat and shredded old bank statements etc, for 2 1/2 hours.

Bruce decluttered our storage unit down in the parkade and I have been tearing into the closet in my spare room. I found that I have 6 huge rubbermaid bins of pictures that in my lifetime I would never be able to put them in order. So if my kids do not want them out they will go as well !

I just cannot stand to have anything that is not useful in my place any longer ! I am on a roll !

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Go Snowey Go!! Doesn't it feel great to get rid of it all?!

I managed to load up my mudroom again (which I just unloaded LAST week) with yet another load. In it was more clothing, packages of gluten filled foods that we no longer eat, old text books, office supplies we don't use, etc. All are out the door!!

There's another load that will take its place as I work on the Master Bedroom and dreaded attic this coming week.