September declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ooops seems the thread hasn't been started.
What are you planning on decluttering this month while doing the Organizing plans?

This morning I got ds to declutter some cds... threw at least 20 of them away (he kept 5), and 9 shirts are being given away!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS got 9 sweaters/vests in the donation bag :) yay finally some space in his closet.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last week I did move out an old rug and 2 old sheets---dog shelter my sister manages.

For a flea market donation yesterday I (Allen) took a nice zipper storage bin with handles that I had won stuff in on a raffle that I didn't really have use for.

Today when I went to my sisters for my nephews 9th b'day party I took 2 pairs of pj bottoms that were Ryans and new but to small and mom took them, got rid of 3 throw blankets I had in the sewing room to use for backings that I never will, plus last week Jaymee took one for her car and I put one in mine to have then I also took sweatshirts and my 2 nieces took them. Had 2 mediums and 4 larges, all new. All in all a couple bags moved out. Had a baby wet wipes container that had no wording on it just various pictures of Frozen that I had saved for my sister. She has a bathroom done in Frozen.

Last week I replaced the pillows in my zipper pillows on the couch and loveseat with pillows from the sewing room. Was going recover them someday and they were being stored so now in use. So I got rid of 4 old foam inserts that were broken down.

Hoping to keep going for the rest of September.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Forgot to mention that I also got rid of 11 pairs of shoes to the Boy Scouts that were collecting. Found another pair, that I could of moved out and then have 3 with no mate at this time! :( So that really cleared up the floor space some.!

(about 39 items out this month. Now lets do the other 39,000!!! lol)

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im hoping to get rid of a lot tomorrow- wish me luck! I am going through my closet. If I dont love it, wear it or have use for it- it is going! Last year I put a whole box of winter things away and it has not even come down this year so I guess that I have not missed whatever is in that particular box.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Sent the relatives home with a truckload (literally a full truckload) of baby gear for my niece. Made a deal on the furniture items that they come back in 10 years or so if DD has a baby. :)

Decluttered my kitchen by repurposing a cupboard so that the stuff that keeps ending up on the counter will have a home that makes sense. Also moved the charging station area OUT of the kitchen. That was just always a mess.

Back to paper now.

Last edited:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This month has been great for moving things out of the house!

Tuesday: another large bag of clothes (10 pairs of ill fitting and too short jeans the boys grew out of, plus too small t-shirts and pj bottoms). Worn out blankets and a few towels (we already have enough rags) and a broken lamp. -- gone!

Feeling very accomplished as we work through the plan and toss items!
Tonight I am tackling my husbands roll top desk drawers!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I moved out a storage container, and I patched two blankets that I had here to do for Jaymee. One has probably been here over a year and the other maybe 3 weeks at the most.

Also got rid of 2 bags of poly fill.

I guess I can add in a bag of trash from craft/computer room.

Love seeing my shelves in sewing room with the sweatshirts and throws off of them.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow ~
I should have thought of this forever ago. Nothing is more effective than painting a teenager's room to declutter and dust every single item in there. SO much went out of there. We unloaded the whole room into the hall (and poor mudroom which just keeps getting beating after beating while it constantly tries to recover). Once she was off at school, I separated out the obvious keepers into one small pile and then put all the garbage and other unneeded items into a MOUNTAIN on the other end of the hall so that she can go through it and find the items that "spark joy" as Marie Kondo would say. I suspect the mountain will simply be leaving.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
While lookiing for some shirts in my closet yesterday I took out the really summery stuff and put it away... and got rid of 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of shorts and 3 tee-shirts.