The Excitement Of Fall

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
It is through Susan Branch's blog that I learned about Gladys Taber.

It is all connected, isn't it.
:)

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
AJ-thanks for the link!!! I had no idea so many people knew who she was-my sister found one of her books and passed it to me, and we have been passing them back and forth ever since...it's funny what Susan says about finding the books in "dusty bookstores"..I was looking in Goodwill one day, and since I love old books I always pull out the ones with tattered covers and found one of hers I didn't have..happiness!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You are very welcome! I like to look through old book stalls at flea markets, etc. and I will add Gladys Taber books to my list to watch for!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay, first, I'm a third of the way through Stillmeadow Road and I just LOVE it :)

Second, just wanted to share that I did finish Fall wreath for front door:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/20411032603/in/dateposted-public/

My next task is to complete a couple of Fall swags for hanging on the inside of our double French doors in the living room. This is my inspiration picture:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/190769734190552504/

I went over to MIL's yesterday afternoon to drop off veggies from my garden and to pick up two wire coat hangers that will be used as the bases for the swags. Could not for the life of me find any wire hangers in the whole house. When you need something you never have it, right? hehe

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
AuntJamelle,

The wreath is gorgeous!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love the wreath!!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Love it- we don't decorate here for the seasons. We might pull out candles etc for winter but nothing like this.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Second what Tanya said. We don't decorate here for the seasons, not sure why not. But I love the look of fall (autumn) decor. My first trip to the U.S was in the fall and we travelled up through Maine and New Hampshire into Canada. Stunning. I loved the way that all the houses were decorated.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I'm working on my outside fall decor,getting the outside of the house done,New England is rich in fall colors,it's my favorite time of year already stocking pantry with my fall cooking and baking things,Happy September Everyone.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Need opinions!!!

Took a stab at a Fall Swag :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/20955751509/in/dateposted-public/

Not sure how I feel about the berries/apple in the middle. It needs "something" extra there other than just more leaves. And I'm trying to use what I've got vs. going and buying anything else.

I thought of painting and/or glittering the apple to give it some oompf.

Thoughts!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Beautiful job AJ.

It's hard for me to pick a real favorite season, but the special things I love about fall include:

• The weather...love Indian summer. Nice warm days but not the heat of summer.
  • I finally have some favorite fall decorations that I get anxious to set out. Decorating in orange tones is not really for me, but I have some pumpkins in bronze and browns, and actually some really cute orange-ish ones. Last year I made some organza leaves to lay around the pumpkins, and I can't wait to get them out to enjoy again. When the flowers on the front deck begin to get "tired", it's exciting to get out the faux pumpkins to set on the decorative tricycle. And I have some favorite quilts that I switch out on the couches.
  • I'm not too much into the pumpkin-pie-spiced everything, but I make a dine-o-mite pumpkin pie with fresh pumpkin, and love to make soups and comfort foods.
  • Rainy days make a great cozy-crafting or reading environment.
  • This year I have a new granddaughter due in November!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That shelf totally rocks!!!

I want to live at your house!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Come on over, Mel! :)

We don't have any closet doors, and the trim isn't painted yet, but you are welcome! lol

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! Makes me smile!

Will be working on decorating the tops of my kitchen cabinets soon - just brainstorming ideas right now...which means looking on Pinterest of course!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Come on over, Mel! :)

We don't have any closet doors, and the trim isn't painted yet, but you are welcome! lol

No closet doors?? HA!! No worries there. My house doesn't even have regular doors. We are putting a piece of plywood on hinges tomorrow for a bathroom door. As for trim - I might get some for Christmas!!

Your house doesn't sound so bad now, does it?!?
:D:D :D