The Excitement Of Fall

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was looking for a Halloween place to put these, but I guess this is it. I have to share these amazing ornaments I bought this week to put on my Halloween tree. I went to HomeGoods and LOVED everything. I was being good and just window shopping,until I found these...I had to have them!!! It's like Christmas and Halloween all mixed in one. And they were only $12.00...TWELVE DOLLARS!!! They had 4 different sets I think..Some not traditional Halloween, but colored themed. However, I went with a mix of traditional.

14479775_652477824923505_134462607161284491_n.jpg 14449989_652477864923501_3508080178722144562_n.jpg 14359265_652477834923504_4559257510423423512_n.jpg

Reactions: aggy

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh, I may have to make a run to HG tomorrow. I think there's one not to far.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So they box says there is a ShinyBrite website. Went there and they cost twice as much. They set I have is not in the options, so I'm thinking I must have a line from another year and that's why HG has them for so cheap. But if someone wants to pay over $20 a box, check out they website. They are gorgeous...They have a HUGE variety of Christmas and Halloween. http://www.christopherradko.com/

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I live along the Gulf coast so I don't have the crisp temperatures or beautiful seasonal colors you see in traditional fall photos. We're still mowing grass weekly and everything is just as green as it was in May. I do love the fact that our temperatures finally dropped below 90º and the nights are dropping into the 60's starting tonight so it's a much welcomed relief. I can't wait to open up my windows and let some fresh air into this house.

Due to my father in law having some major dental work done this past week I've had to resort to a lot of soups, gumbo's and such so that he can eat with minimal chewing. I made potato soup, French onion soup, seafood gumbo and cream of broccoli soup with crawfish this week alone. I plan on making a big pot of chili Saturday night so hopefully by then he'll be able to eat it.

I do plan on making myself a new fall wreath this week. I have made literally 50 wreaths and either sold or gave them away and didn't keep a fall wreath for myself. LOL I usually decorate the fireplace mantel and surrounding shelving as well as my dining room but this year I'd like to go minimal since Thanksgiving will be at my son's house and I can focus on Christmas. That's apt to change once I get started decorating.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
We are still 90 during the day and high 70s at night, humid as ever. So it is hard to get into the fall spirit of things here! At work last week my co-worker went and got us the Starbuck seasonal drinks, so we try any way to feel autumnal even when it feels like July.

The only way to tell it is October 1st around here is the earlier evening darkness at 7:15, and all the Halloween candy that is appearing in the stores. I did even see some Halloween decorations on a house the other day.

I usually decorate today for Halloween. I think a few jack-o-lanterns and scarecrows will lift my spirits!

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I love fall....the changing leaves, the smells, pumpkins and mums, cooler weather, the festivals and fairs. Bath and Body has their fall scents out and I just loved the pumpkin latte scent. I love reading Pumpkin books with my students and making all things pumpkin....muffins, gobs, pies, cookies.

Can't wait to start decorating![/QUOTE...What is gobs? jy

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
FrostyShimmer the fudge is wonderful,i sell alot of that as well as the maple fudge,boy,it's chilly had to put my heavy fleece jacket on brrr,got cold quick here.Fudge recipe i have on pinterest actually i have many things there with the recipes a just put that little tweek on them.I'm looking to do a pumpkin-cider fudge,have to find just the right recipe so it comes out perfect,going to wax more leaves today and collect more acorns.
angelpugs, I have never waxed leaves and our yard tends to have a lot every year. How do I do this? jy

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Jyclassy it's easy as you just melt your wax in an old pan or even a coffee can one of the big ones melt on low heat then take leaves and dunk them in wax and shake them a bit then i use foil like reynolds wrap lay them there for awhile to dry then use any way you want,if you have an electric stove and you use the can keep heat low same with gas stove.If you can find an old pan like a saucepan which i get a few old ones from goodwill or a thrift store as you can only use it for melting wax.:)

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Jyclassy it's easy as you just melt your wax in an old pan or even a coffee can one of the big ones melt on low heat then take leaves and dunk them in wax and shake them a bit then i use foil like reynolds wrap lay them there for awhile to dry then use any way you want,if you have an electric stove and you use the can keep heat low same with gas stove.If you can find an old pan like a saucepan which i get a few old ones from goodwill or a thrift store as you can only use it for melting wax.:)
Thank you.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Currently baking some pumpkins spice cinnamon rolls..yummmm