The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
How this book ends and how the next one starts is surprising. At least at first.

Possible spoiler alert below...

Deidra I've been saying this book shows 775 pages. But I just finished the scence where they came out of the underground spring hot pool, and she said she had a secret to share. That was the end of "Outlander"? That was definately a surprise ending to me

Now the next pages appear to be an exert "Drangonfly in Amber" LOL I didn't won't to start that ne until I could purchase it

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So if you could travel back in time to see a relative who would you want to see and talk to?

I'd want to talk to my grandmother. So not so far back in time for me. I could travel back in centuries but might not be too happy with the bathrooms and no running hot water but the rest I think I would be ok with.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
So if you could travel back in time to see a relative who would you want to see and talk to?

I'd want to talk to my grandmother. So not so far back in time for me. I could travel back in centuries but might not be too happy with the bathrooms and no running hot water but the rest I think I would be ok with.

I would go back to the front of 2010 & talk to my dad

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What do you think? When Frank saw the 'Highlander' looking up at the window at Claire was he a ghost, was it his spirit or what?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
What do you think? When Frank saw the 'Highlander' looking up at the window at Claire was he a ghost, was it his spirit or what?

Not sure Diedra what did you think? Could it have been Jamie?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think it was Jamie. I'm thinking it was something stuck in after the story was written.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I may have to re-re-re-read the series just to cook with these recipes. I do not even like eggs but I might have to try the smoked eggs.

http://outlanderkitchen.com/

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
BUMP!
I saw this book mentioned in the book thread and had to go dig up this old post as this needs its own conversation. I read the first book of this series a couple years back (after being mighty confused about which series was the good one as there are TWO series by this name).

This book was very good but I got wrapped up in other things. After doing some googling, it looks like I'm going to have my reading plans set for this Spring. The TV series starts this summer! Here's the trailer:

http://theoutlandermovie.blogspot.com

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I never did the Outlander basket for DS so I copied the info so I have it on my desktop as a reminder.