Tremendous Tuesday Feb 18, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning All MHHers

girlsinmo likes this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Diedra, and all to come.

Did not sleep well again. It is the sweet tea I got on Sunday. When will I remember it has caffeine?

Quilting starts again this afternoon. In a way I am glad, but I kind of liked having my Tuesday free. I would not mind so much if it were in the morning. The afternoon chops up my day too much. I don't know if MJ will go or not.

Other than that, I have nothing I must do. There is plenty I SHOULD do, tho. But who cares. Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

DawnSu, girlsinmo and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't sleep well at all. My stomach was hurting all night. I woke up with it still hurting and I have a lot of drainage going on to the point I feel like throwing up. I think I may stay home today since i'm not sure what is going on and I don't want to end up needing to run to the bathroom. I will reschedule my chiropractor appointment for tomorrow to the afternoon or weekend so I can be there all day tomorrow. I don't know if I can even drink my coffee this morning. DH was up coughing half the night. At one point he mentioned moving to the couch but he never did.

I do have some library books I need to return today but that's it. I will work on my task from the couch and take it easy.

Hi Pam and Diedra!

Enjoy your day!

girlsinmo and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and 80's here for the next few days. I still can't get my head around it being sunny and 80's in February. I'm basically a northern girl - used to seasons.

DH and I brought the chairs back to the trailer and took Buffy to the dog park on base. Today we are picking little burrs off her paws!

Today we will head to Sam's club.. It's a bit of a trip but when I renewed my membership we got something for a free chicken and a couple of other perks so might as well get them.

Did anyone watch the Hallmark Channel Rescue Dog Show? It's done exactly like the Westminster Dog Show with judges in tuxes and gowns but the categories are things like Best Snorer, Best Ears, Best Couch Potato. It can be very funny and is delightful for dog lovers. It may be available DVR.

Pam - glad you got your loving from Rocky. Enjoy quilting!
    Jess - stay home - you also don't want to give what you have to any of the kids!
    Katrina - definitely take your knitting! Hoping for the best with DFIL
    Diedra - hope your stomach problems are over quickly
    Deb - sounds like a most comfortable chair
    Pamela - what a wonderful weekend you and Sophia had! I enjoy shopping with my son but not with DH as it's "buy what you need and let's go"

girlsinmo likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Bright and sunny here after our snowfall last night. We probably had between 3 to 4 inches of beautiful snow.

One load of DD’s clothes are drying. I try to get her to do just one load a day so she isn’t overwhelmed. She is finishing up her breakfast and reading the paper. Dogs and cat are napping. Dh is outside with the snowblower.

I’ll be staying close to the bathroom. Had to change clothes once already. Will be wearing stretch waist jeans today. The gluten headache has set in and I’m thirsty as all get out. I’ll have to take it easy a few days for my body to recover.

Enjoy your day.

girlsinmo likes this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Quick post...my school may be on the national news today. Senator Casey, PA is unveiling a new bill in our library today.

DawnSu, missjane, Miss JoDee and 3 others like this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's windy, gloomy & of course rainy here today. I like the rain sometimes but after so long it's wore it's welcome out

Seems stomach issues run in my family. My children say they inherited from me of course blame mama lol

Praying everyone feels better. And gets whatever they want to done today. Take care all..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

Definitely staying home today. Shortly after I posted I ended up in the bathroom throwing up the little bit of coffee I had drank. DH said he was going to go in for a little bit and then come home. He hasn't been feeling well either, coughing with a sore throat and congestion. He texted and said he was feeling better so was going to stay at work. I ran Eli to school and am back home. I have a load of laundry going and am now settled on the couch with water and my schoolwork.

Debbie- I hadn't heard of that show, will have to try to find it. School is probably where I picked up whatever I have so I definitely don't want to pass it back.
    Diedra- I hope it passes soon for you.
    Lisa- How exciting!
    Tricia- DS gets his from his dad but we have other things that run in our family for sure.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Did not sleep well - hot flashes, sore throat, nauseous, headach. woke up so-so. Been wearing a mask at work because I am coughing - Don't want anyone to say I'm the contagious one ;) Ears are also hurting.

At noon was paint class, went well.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

Feel better Lucie!

We have decided to apply for an online, year round private school for DS. He could start immediately and work at his pace to catch up this year and be on track for senior year. If he worked quickly he could graduate before his peers. The tuition stinks but it is what it is with all of his health issues. I just emailed his counselor requesting his transcripts so I can send them to the online school to get things moving.

DH came home for lunch and said it felt like I had a fever, my cheeks were red and head warm. Our thermometer is horrible so I really have no idea. DS said my head felt warm as well. Who knows! Back to working on my task!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Sat at the hospital all day with SIL and DH. Poor DS was not feeling well so I sat in the family room with him and after a while decided to drive DS home in his car. DH stayed the night and as of this morning there is no real change with his father. Will hopefully hear some news today.
    I am doing Wednesday things, on hold with the insurance company to find out what is going on with my car. Last week I was on the phone for over an hour and did not get through to anyone. Am determined to hang on today to talk to someone.

Will need to get ready for DrillDance training and decide what is for dinner, there is leftover roast beef so might do that on sandwiches so that it does not go to waste.
    Will look at the supermarket catalogue and see if there are any specials that might be good to stock up on.

Hope that all of you that have sore throats etc are feeling better very soon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. DawnSu

DawnSu Active Member

Hello to all... Must b something in the air... as i keep having alot of hot flashes & freeze to death when I am home... But I can work all day in cafeteria, and b okay....
    I did get my desk cleaned off this afternoon & all my Avon books r ready, with a list to go out in the next few days...
    am such a mess with my schedule here lately.... been having alot of anxiety...
    my school my dd goes to, the one my grown children graduated from, is about to shut down... starting in August we r going down to 4 days, but longer days... my dd, 7 almost, has such a hard time right now focusing in just 7 hours, I know she won't make it with new schedule.... but i work in a different school.... but am not a district worker, so am having trouble getting her in my work school.. so I applies for secretary job in the Elementary school, so then she can go....
    God i Pray I get it.... it will b longer hours, but.... I have to do it....
    just be in prayer with me ladies..... I want whatever God would want me to do..... I love the cafeteria but if I can't get the okay for S, dd to go, then I have to move...

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Steady day today and a surprise birthday cake and card from my co-workers, what a lovely thought! Home now enjoying a cup of tea while I sort through the receipts from the spending extravaganza that was the weekend! Nothing else really on the agenda although I should peel some potatoes and carrots and put them in the oven to roast. Trying to get back to healthier eating. Definitely have been on a gluten-overload the last few weeks - why is toast so easy to make and so satisfying?

P. S. I didn't eat any birthday cake - I was cutting the slices and someone else was handing them out and all of them were taken. The person who brought the cake didn't notice as he had to take a phone call - didn't want to hurt his feelings but also didn't want to sabotage my healthy eating.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

Got up alittle earlier and picked a few things up and put the drained dishes away.

Went to work and then after we balanced I was told I could leave early----didn't even think of that today----so left alittle before 3:30. Had a hair appointment for 5:30 time I would hit Ashley so called when I got into the car and she was open until 4:30 so went there and was out by 4:30. Got a wax and cut. Home and Teigan was here. We talked awhile and took her home. Picked up Pub, and I have a cheesecake (recipe on blog) in the oven for work tomorrow. Will shower when it comes out. I should be off Thursday but with the holiday Monday I don't get it so they send you home early. Since I am at another branch tomorrow I will just get to leave Thursday yet this week. I work Saturday so would be like 6 days. I will lose about 3 hours of overtime by leaving.

Deciding whether to go gray or not. Have been thinking for awhile. Like Lucie. I might keep getting hair colored lighter and lighter till all blends in. Or get it frosted, or use the color covering on roots and see the color it would be. Haven't had it colored since before Thanksgiving and it isn't really very bad---starting to grow out.

Sun was out alittle this afternoon and looked good.

Left early and ran by Dollar General this a.m. before work.

I suppose I better move along.

Hope everybody is feeling better.

Also, hope sleep comes to all. I know it sounds crazy but I have been wearing an eye mask for the last month or so and I honestly think I sleep better. I like dark. Probably in my mind but if it helps----HEY!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Today was my day to leave work early. I had an appointment for a manicure, but she wrote it on her calendar for tomorrow, so tomorrow after work, it will be. I'll have to ask someone else to cook for church tomorrow night. Things are picking up at work. That's good. It keeps me busy and makes me feel productive. Not feeling guilty for being on the clock with nothing to do.

The door hanging did not go well. If people would listen to me...I'm no carpenter, but apparently, DH and DBIL aren't either. Well, DBIL actually is a good carpenter, but a door hanger he isn't. The door I bought was exactly the same size as the one that came down, but DH and DBIL both swore it was too tight, so they "trimmed" it. I told DH before they trimmed it that I didn't see how it couldn't fit if the old one fit perfectly, and the new one was the same size. The new one almost misses the door stop on both sides since they trimmed it. DBIL said we could "add another strip of molding." They also mounted the first hinge piece onto the wrong side of the door. When I looked at where they had marked for the hinges, I knew they were on the wrong side. These are two men who never think they're wrong, so I let them make that first mistake without pointing it out. When they were checking the first hinge placement with the door frame, they figured that out. Then, after they cut out the other hinges, they realized they didn't align with the old hinges on the frame. Needless to say...the door is totally messed up! I called and bought a new one from Lowe's today. DH is going to pick it up. This time, I'm hanging it! For goodness sake....watch some youtube videos on how to do it! There are plenty out there.

DH is coughing and has a runny nose. My head has hurt some today. I had the nurse check me for fever, and it was low grade. Hopefully, it's more exhaustion than anything else. I brought home paint rags to wash. They're in the washer, but that's all I'm doing as far as house work tonight. When I got home from my meeting, I'm got in the bed. When I get off here, I'm reading my Bible and going to sleep. I'm considering sleeping in the guest bed tonight. I, as with many of you, haven't been sleeping well, either. The weather has been so up and down. We may go to bed needing heat and wake up in the middle of the night needing a/c or vice versa. Since I've been taken off NSAIDS, I'm having a hard time getting my arthritis pain under control, too, which makes it hard to sleep at night or to go to sleep. I've been looking at diets for gastritis on the internet. Hope I can modify my eating to help it heal.

Well, I've written a book.

Diedra, hope your stomach gets better quickly.
    Pam, there are people who are very blessed by your quilt making.
    Jess, sorry you're felling ill. DS will probably appreciate getting to finish school as soon as he can. Does he have any idea of a career choice? Not all students perform well in normal school environments. Even though I was in the school system for years, I don't think "normal" school setting is the end-all-be-all best way to complete an education.
    Debbie, that sounds interesting to watch. We used to go to an annual dog show on Labor Day weekend.
    Lisa, I'll check the news sites and see if I can find a clip to watch. I never watch the national news anymore.
    Tricia, I'm with you as far as the rain is concerned. We've had beyond our fair share.
    Lucie, it's so much going around. We have patients coming in every day wearing masks.
    Katrina, sitting and waiting is so hard. It's hard to know whether to just carry on as much as possible or to stay so you're there when something happens, you're there. It has to be weighing on DH. I hope DS feels better.
    DawnSu, prayers that just the right doors open.
    Pamela, that's one way to stay on a diet.
    Lana, always nice to get an unexpected early leave from work.

It was 75° today and will be down to 45° by tomorrow morning with lows in low to mid 40s and highs in the low to mid 50s for about 4 days. Rain started about 8 and will continue through Friday, I think.

Hope you all rest better tonight than you have been...self included. Night, friends.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jess - I Don't think we have those school options here but I do think it is a fantastic option for certain people (especially those with health problems)
    Jane - lol! you had me laughing… men!
    Pamela - too bad you didn't even get to taste your birthday cake but on the other hand… sweets aren't Always necessary
    Lana - on Mondays when I sleep later I put the eye mask when dh leaves at 5:00... it does make me sleep a little later (until almost 7:00) otherwise the sunlight wakes me up.

Ahorsesoul and missjane like this.