Trick or Treaters 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Hallowe'en was cold but at least no snow or rain here!

We had 72 Trick or Treaters :)

Best costume was a cowboy riding a turkey, the cutest was a little pixie!
My scare of the night was a manic clown staring at me through the storm door as I read lol once I 'eek' I laughed at myself - then he said trick or treat!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We got 5 trick or treaters.

They were little ones, which is always nice to see.

They were so cute and very polite.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We weren't home to hand out candy but I always leave a bowl on the porch. Normally there is candy left when we get home but this year there wasn't. Some of my neighbors that were home passing it out said they had over 200 trick or treaters so I imagine we had the same. I did refill the bucket and stand outside to hand it out after we got home but only a couple groups came through and then no one.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Record high of 20 for us. Might have been a few more but we turned out the lights.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We were not home either (party), however I'm sure there must've been lots yesterday with the nice temps and it being a Friday night. Usually we have around 120.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I'd say we had about 35 and a nice mix of ages and costumes. Of course, I bought too much candy but I'd rather have too much than too little. I'll use some to stuff stockings.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't have a count, but way more then normal with the nice weather and a Friday night. I had one large group of middle school kids. Girls dressed as football players and boys dressed as cheerleaders. They were having fun...that's always nice to see at that age still. I had to go pull out the back up candy after that group!

I thought the "chick magnet" was funny. It was a gigantic stuff magnet with little rubber "chicks" stuck to it. It was a young man...and that got a good laugh out of me.

I had one Minnie Mouse, so she was happy to get the "bonus" candy tin I had made up for her. I always have at least one each year and that makes me smile.

MOST DISTURBING...was a little baby. Mom was dressed like Tom Cruise in Risky Business...and baby was in a carry pack, with a white stocking cap that had a Bar Code and underneath said "Made in Vagina". I was kinda taken back...and just gave them one little piece of candy..and shut the door. I guess in the right environment.. Maybe...it could be funny, but I didn't like it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
isn't it sad, how such a fun thing is kinda null and void these days.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, not many trick-or-treaters for you guys. We had about 175. My husband turned out the lights when the trick-or-treaters got to be in their twenties and making rude remarks to me.