Under the 200 day mark!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Unless I missed it, we haven't seen a thread started to acknowledge the fact that we are under the 200 day mark as far as days left until Christmas!

As of today we are at 193 and counting! :) WOOO HOOO!!!

How are we feeling???

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd say I have 1/3 of gifts bought... not doing great in the stocking stuffer department... I have ideas for the food & parties. Handmade gifts are not ready but have been chosen and are ready to make. Christmas cards are bought.

Ok, I've realized I need to buy some stocking stuffers & work on the handmade gifts :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yay!!!!!!!!!!!! will get some gifts when i go to disney world on monday

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I was just thinking about this on my long drive yesterday. Things are so tight I'm gonna have to be creative.I was thinking about something like 1 thrift/vintage store gift. 1 homemade gift and 1 book to share. I thought something like this between my best friends wouldst be nice and keep cost down. Even maybe my daughter with one bigger gift. Most of us are into thrifting.What do ya'll think?

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Haha! I actually posted a facebook status that said there were only 200 days until Christmas. I didn't get the most enthusiastic responses lol!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle I love the idea! I'm trying to think of ways of cutting gifts & costs too

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
housewife2 - Oh I am so jealous! :) We are planning a trip in 2015, once DS is old enough! You are going to have a GREAT time!!!

Michelle - I like that idea! Like, luludou, I am searching for ways to cut costs this year. A lot of crafting, repurposing, etc.

Sarah and Lana - LOL! We only get positive responses to "days until Christmas" announcements on this site, don't we?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just touched base with my friend who comes over for Christmas and is one of the main people I buy for and exchange gifts with. She loved the idea, so I'll run it by 2 more people and we should be set to go. I think it will be fun!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
I just thought about it a few days ago... time is running :)
And as every year I start to think about fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Please don't misunderstand - I love the warm and sunny summer feeling with grilling, gardening and being outside
But nevertheless I HAVE TO plan and think ahead ;-)

Maybe I have to turn on TV and watch the movie "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase :)

Chilli

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Chilli! nice to see you posting! How are things going?

I too am starting to plan.. need too if we want to enjoy the seasons and not feel so stressed.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cool i watched polar express this morning woke up feeling in a christmas mood, yes time is going by fast bought acouple oraments in wdw last week.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Chilli! nice to see you posting! How are things going?

I too am starting to plan.. need too if we want to enjoy the seasons and not feel so stressed.

I'm doing well - thanks for asking. My little baby-boy inside is growing and very active and we still have 8 weeks to go :)
Unfortunately I have to rest a lot again... But ok, I see it as last chance for resting... like the quiet before the storm :)
So enough time to think about christmas 2012 :)

Chilli

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Stocking stuffer s - check
1/2 gifts - check
know what everyone is getting - check
Turkey in freezer - check
cookie mixes in freezer - check
worked in note book - check
wrapping paper and ribbons bought - check

Can you tell I'm looking forward to Christmas?

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
I have a handful of gifts and a handful of ornaments made so far. I used to post stuff like that on FB and never got anything but moans and groans. ;)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh Goody! I LOVE IT.... that you guys are thinking/planning/dreaming about Christmas!!!!!

Candysprinkles.... it's amazing how many people just.... don't get it! THEY think it just increases and drags out.... "the stress" of Christmas! They don't realize how much fun we have, together..... "preparing"!!!

DebbiGall.... I'm impressed! You have done GOOD!!!!!! You go, girl!

Chilli... a snuggly baby to cuddle at Christmas! Another great reason to get chores done now..... more time for cuddling then!!!!

Housewife2.... how great... getting ornaments at WDW!!!!!

Luludou.... I'm with you! Cutting costs.... AND increasing fun!

Sending Christmas thoughts to AuntJamelle and MinnieCo!

I plan to be really involved during the month of July!!!! Christmas in July..... sigh!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Congratulations on the little one Antonia. Rest now you will need it later.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Debbie, your cookie dough does good that far in advance? I've done mine in the fall, but never the summer.