Week four-Get Cooking Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Don't forget to check the daily holiday tips on Organized Christmas. CEO has a new tip every day, and they are good ones!!!

To Do This Week:
Write and address one-fifth of Christmas card list this week. Entire list is done!! Yay!

Make one-fourth of gifts to make this week. Works in progress! LOL!

Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal that you will serve in your home. Check serving pieces, and write the contents on a Post-it note. Make it easy for other to help! Done!

Inventory the freezer, and record contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next week, making room for holiday meals and holiday goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples. Still need to do this...the best laid plans...

Start planning holiday baking with the baking planner form, and be alert for supermarket specials. Try to buy nonperishable holiday foods this week and next week for all upcoming holiday meals. In progress

Do a mini-freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 pre-made entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings. Need to schedule this

Prepare for drop-in visitors. Collect hospitality supplies: cheeses, crackers, frozen desserts. Hide from hungry family members using creative labeling. Partially done

Simplify baking chores: organize a Cookie Swap. Invite 6 to 12 guests to bring as many dozen cookies as there are guests. Swap so that each guest leaves with a lavish assortment of holiday goodies. Freeze immediately, marked as "liver and onions." Not doing this this year

To Print This Week:
Get Cooking Week Checklist Form
Freezer Inventory Form
Holiday Baking Planner
Holiday Menu Planner
Potluck Planner
"Black Friday" Holiday Sales Planner

To Read This Week:
Save Money on Holiday Meals
Catch our best money-saving tips.
Beat The Holiday Grocery Game
Chill the cost and stock the pantry!
Baking Solution: Make it a Specialty!
Beat the baking blues with a baking specialty!

To Buy This Week:
Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures. Slowly but surely working on this...the thrill is in the hunt! I"m making good use of work breaks to work on this

Trim the regular food budget to stock up on sale-priced holiday non-perishables. Make a Thanksgiving Friday grocery shopping trip for best savings. Done!

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only a week away. I have my list made, and several of the ingredients bought and stashed. I still don't have my assignments for Mom's house, but I always bring spiced cider, appetizers (cranberry spread and BLT dip) and pumpkin ooey gooey cake, no matter what, so I have the ingredients for all of that except the jug of cider.

For my house, the Saturday after Thanksgiving with DH's family, I have the canned goods and most baking supplies. I'll pick up the fresh ingredients on Black Friday and take advantange of all the great sales!!

What are you up to?

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
To Do This Week:
Write and address one-fifth of Christmas card list this week. Store bought cards are ready to go, still working on handmade cards

Make one-fourth of gifts to make this week. Not making gifts this year

Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal that you will serve in your home. Check serving pieces, and write the contents on a Post-it note. Make it easy for other to help!

Inventory the freezer, and record contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next week, making room for holiday meals and holiday goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples. What I have in the freezer I want to use in December

Start planning holiday baking with the baking planner form, and be alert for supermarket specials. Try to buy nonperishable holiday foods this week and next week for all upcoming holiday meals. Most supplies are bought~will finish up this week

Do a mini-freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 pre-made entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings. Need to make a few more things

Prepare for drop-in visitors. Collect hospitality supplies: cheeses, crackers, frozen desserts. Hide from hungry family members using creative labeling. Will buy after Thanksgiving

Simplify baking chores: organize a Cookie Swap. Invite 6 to 12 guests to bring as many dozen cookies as there are guests. Swap so that each guest leaves with a lavish assortment of holiday goodies. Freeze immediately, marked as "liver and onions." Not doing this

To Buy This Week:
Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures. I'm getting there, but I won't wrap until sometime in December

Trim the regular food budget to stock up on sale-priced holiday non-perishables. Make a Thanksgiving Friday grocery shopping trip for best savings.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
To Do This Week:
Write and address one-fifth of Christmas card list this week. (Done)

Make one-fourth of gifts to make this week. (Not making any)

Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal that you will serve in your home. Check serving pieces, and write the contents on a Post-it note. Make it easy for other to help! (No need)

Inventory the freezer, and record contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next week, making room for holiday meals and holiday goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples. (Done)

Start planning holiday baking with the baking planner form, and be alert for supermarket specials. Try to buy nonperishable holiday foods this week and next week for all upcoming holiday meals. (Done)

Do a mini-freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 pre-made entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings. (I have 2 in the freezer, which is enough for us)

Prepare for drop-in visitors. Collect hospitality supplies: cheeses, crackers, frozen desserts. Hide from hungry family members using creative labeling. (Don't need)

Simplify baking chores: organize a Cookie Swap. Invite 6 to 12 guests to bring as many dozen cookies as there are guests. Swap so that each guest leaves with a lavish assortment of holiday goodies. Freeze immediately, marked as "liver and onions." (Still thinking about doing this. All plans are on paper)

To Buy This Week:
Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures. (Done, won't wrap until closer to Christmas)

Trim the regular food budget to stock up on sale-priced holiday non-perishables. Make a Thanksgiving Friday grocery shopping trip for best savings. (Already stocked up)

I really don't have anything to do this week. I'm sitting pretty good right now. All I really have left is decorating, which won't happen until after Thanksgiving and wrapping, which won't happen until closer to Christmas.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm not hosting for Christmas so I don't have a ton to do as far as cooking.

To Do This Week:
Write and address one-fifth of Christmas card list this week.

Make one-fourth of gifts to make this week: doing some food gifts. Will do this closer to Christmas.

Simplify baking chores: organize a Cookie Swap. Invite 6 to 12 guests to bring as many dozen cookies as there are guests. Swap so that each guest leaves with a lavish assortment of holiday goodies. Freeze immediately, marked as "liver and onions." Still thinking about doing this; DH does one through work sometimes. Baking is not a chore for me; it's relaxing and enjoyable.

Done
Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal that you will serve in your home. Check serving pieces, and write the contents on a Post-it note. Make it easy for other to help! Not hosting.

Inventory the freezer, and record contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next week, making room for holiday meals and holiday goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples. Not necessary.

Start planning holiday baking with the baking planner form, and be alert for supermarket specials. Try to buy nonperishable holiday foods this week and next week for all upcoming holiday meals. I think I'm done. I've been watching for sales in the last month.

Do a mini-freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 pre-made entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings. I do this at the start of the month for the current month. I have a lasagna in the freezer. I will do a couple of freezer meals at the start of December.

Prepare for drop-in visitors. Collect hospitality supplies: cheeses, crackers, frozen desserts. Don't really get drop ins.

To Buy This Week:
Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures. Don't know if I've done 1/5 but I'm hoping to be mostly done by the end of the week.

Trim the regular food budget to stock up on sale-priced holiday non-perishables. Make a Thanksgiving Friday grocery shopping trip for best savings. -- Thanksgiving was second Monday in October in Canada.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I love my Christmas Notebook and I'm right on target. Talked with my sis this week end ... I think she thinks I'm a a little nuts as I told her where I was in my organized Christmas "stuff to do" list ... She was silent and then said, "Ok, then." ::eek:rnament:

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
To Do This Week:
Write and address one-fifth of Christmas card list this week. Just have to finish putting pictures in them and signing about 20 more!

Make one-fourth of gifts to make this week. Work in progress! Only 1 gift do I have to make!

Fill out a holiday menu planner form for each remaining holiday meal that you will serve in your home. Check serving pieces, and write the contents on a Post-it note. Make it easy for other to help! Done!

Inventory the freezer, and record contents on the freezer inventory form. Plan to eat from the freezer this week and next week, making room for holiday meals and holiday goodies. Use food budget savings to stock up on holiday staples. DONE!

Start planning holiday baking with the baking planner form, and be alert for supermarket specials. Try to buy nonperishable holiday foods this week and next week for all upcoming holiday meals. ALMOST DONE!

Do a mini-freezer cooking session to put 5 to 10 pre-made entrees into the freezer. Use these meals on busy December evenings. Need to schedule this

Prepare for drop-in visitors. Collect hospitality supplies: cheeses, crackers, frozen desserts. Hide from hungry family members using creative labeling. We don't ever have any but I ususally have something available!

Simplify baking chores: organize a Cookie Swap. Invite 6 to 12 guests to bring as many dozen cookies as there are guests. Swap so that each guest leaves with a lavish assortment of holiday goodies. Freeze immediately, marked as "liver and onions." Have to make invites!

To Buy This Week:
Continue Christmas gift shopping. Purchase gifts for one-fifth of the list entries. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures. I have about 1/3 of my shopping done, still have to wrap!

Trim the regular food budget to stock up on sale-priced holiday non-perishables. Make a Thanksgiving Friday grocery shopping trip for best savings. Done!