Week One: Setting up a Magic Elf Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay everyone get ready...its week one...

To Do List for Elf Notebook:

[ ] Get a clear view notebook
[ ] Print cover, spine, and dividers at Melinda's site
http://www.melindawhitehead.com/HolidayNotebooks.htm

[ ] Create and Elf Names list....mine are already named but we can always use them and I can weave some into the Magic Elf stories
[ ] Elf Gift Ideas list

Elf Names: be sure and add your to this thread...along with your to do list:

Bernard,
Jingle
Bell

Elf Gift Ideas:

Arrive with a new Chrismtas DVD...any ideas for any out byt December 1st?
Book
Nativity set pieces to be added along the way
Special Elf Hot Chocolate (plain old hot chocolate with an Elf Label!!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Thanks so much for this, Gingerbug! Very Exciting!
November 4-10th: Get notebook.... print cover, spine, and dividers, decide on sections
Elf Names list and ideas for sources of elves
Sassafras
Feldspar(cadbury has individually wrapped elf chocolates with elf names on them. I saw them today at Wal-mart. I think they are names of semi-precious stones or rocks)
Here is a link to the elf sears is selling, but I'm not sure if it is available in the States.-
http://tinyurl.com/2kxh5t
Elf Gift Ideas and lists- Cadbury wrapped chocolate with the elf's name on it or homemade decorated cookie shaped as first letter in elf's name.Or child's name.
Piece of nativity set a day.
Santa key-
http://www.bronners.com/1110129.html

November Christmas releases-

Nov. 6
Dennis the menace Christmas
Deck the Halls
The Munster's Scary little Christmas
The Pink Panther-A pink Christmas
Nov. 20
Pooh's Super Sleuth Christmas movie
Santa Baby(tv movie)
The Santa Claus 3

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007

Get a clear view notebook...they don't have any of those here so I'll just use a plain notebook to start.
Print cover, spine, and dividers at Melinda's site...I'll do that this afternoon.

Create an Elf Names list....I have 4 (2 boys & 2 girls) and so far I have Marvin & Mabel and Percival and Penelope. I want them to have old fashioned names...not necessarily holiday related.

Elf Gift Ideas list...I ordered the Christmas book featured on Magic Elves from Amazon.com so they will arrive with that book, as well as my daughter's Advent calendar. I would also like to start a tradition of doing a Christmas puzzle throughout December (difficulty based on ability so right now we're at 60 pieces max) but I can't order them online (won't ship) and they don't have them here so that will wait for next year and the elves will bring that as well...or perhaps it will show up under the tree the morning after they get here. Also, there's an Elves Sticker story on Amazon that I thought would be perfect so they might bring that too. Gonna have a full sleigh! :)

To Do List: Now I have to wait for them to get here so I can get their dimensions and sew up some sleeping bags. I also need to get their passports in order and print out a letter from Santa, as well as a runaway letter for our little escapee! Our passports are blue but I would assume theirs should be green or red huh? Does anyone know where I can get the "official" looking seal on the front of the passports? Wondering if there's a image of that somewhere.

That's all I've got for now. Gotta get busy! They'll be here soon!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm going to be a week or two behind with this since we're moving this week. I already packed up all my stuff and the computer goes here in the next day or two.

[ :snow: ] Get a clear view notebook

[ :snow: ] Create and Elf Names list....mine are already named but we can always use them and I can weave some into the Magic Elf stories
[ ] Elf Gift Ideas list

Bernard,
Jingle
Bell
Edwyn is what our elf will be named. And when I add a girl she will be named Emerald or Ruby. I haven't really thought of any others yet.

Elf Gift Ideas:

Arrive with a new Chrismtas DVD...any ideas for any out by December 1st?
Book
Some sort of craft
Maybe a new stocking if needed

Christmas DVD:
Polar Express is always a good one.

I need to get a Santa letter printed and elf passport, as well as make up a story for my elf, which i'm working on to also submit for the writing.

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada

[ :grin: ] Get a clear view notebook
Going to have to wait a week or so as my printer is out of ink and I have to get a new ink cartrige.

[ :grin: ] Create and Elf Names list....mine are already named but we can always use them and I can weave some into the Magic Elf stories
[ ] Elf Gift Ideas list

Bernard,
Jingle
Bell
Glitter
Berry
Sparkle

Elf Gift Ideas:

Arrive with a new Chrismtas DVD...any ideas for any out byt December 1st?
Christmas DVD:
Polar Express is always a good one.
I will have to go through my own collection of movies first to see what I have and don't have before going out to get a new one.
Book I've already ordered a couple books and am waiting for them to arrive.
Some sort of craft
Maybe a new stocking if needed

candlewoodcrafts

MHH Member
Nov 5, 2007

[ :smile: ] Get a clear view notebook
Using a special section from my holiday notebook.

[ :smile: ] Create and Elf Names list....mine are already named but we can always use them and I can weave some into the Magic Elf stories
I just got my Elves today and have named them Mr.Jingles and Stripes

[ :smile: ] Elf Gift Ideas list

Jingles
Stripes

Elf Gift Ideas:
Hubby and I sat down lastnight and discussed our 24 nights of Elf Antics and ideas. I have everything jotted down, and just need to buy a few small gifts from the elves.
Jingles & Stripes will be visiting our house for the first time on December 1st, we are very excited for them to meet our boys, ages 8 and 5 :smile:

Dawn

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Does anyone know where I can get the "official" looking seal on the front of the passports? Wondering if there's a image of that somewhere.

That's all I've got for now. Gotta get busy! They'll be here soon![/quote]

get some gold matalic scrap paper and a round punch then dry emboss it to look like a seal.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
That Elf from Sears is way cute!!!
Also gotta look for those chocolates...too cute!

When I get time...I'm gonna set up a page over at Magic Elves blog to keep the idea list for names....might help some members in the future....hope its okay with everyone for me to compile the list over there so it is available and doesn't get lost in the shuffle....

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Fine with me. :) I think the blog looks great!

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I finished up the passports today so that's done. Our Elves' official names are:

Marvin Moody Miracle
Mabel Merry Mistletoe
Penelope Prudence Peppermints
Percival Princely Pinecones

I wanted the first names to be old fashioned (Marvin is my FIL's middle name & Mabel is my grandmother's middle name...both have passed away) and the middle names describe their personalities and the last names had to be something related to Christmas.

I think I did alright with the names. P for a male was hard! I also came up with:

Jebediah Joyful Jingles
Tobias Tannenbaum (no middle name)
Harry or Henry Happy Holiday

Now I have to figure out names for the 4 reindeers!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Cute names....do you mind if I add them to the list at the Magic Elves blog?

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
I am working on my elfs Yellow Snow, and Snowflake right now. I bought elf hats for my cabbage patch dolls and my grandma and I are going to sew together some type of outfit by thanksgiving. I also bought Twas the Night Before Christmas book at Dollar Tree, along with some coal, in case the kids are naughty, and two christmas classic cartoon dvds for elf gifts. I need to buy my webkin reindeer, and do their passports and stuff and then I am done!> :sleigh: