Week Two--Reality Check

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Since I have fallen way behind on the Holiday Grand Plan; I will move on to the Christmas Countdown.
I missed Week One--Get Organized but I won't let it get me down.
I may not get the guest room shining or even my grandson's room....but before Christmas I will get my bedroom & the four main rooms in this house in absolute order!!!!
I will get my Christmas crafts completed. I will do some holiday baking & I will mail out Christmas gifts that did not get mailed out years previous!

Copied & pasted from the Organized Christmas website:
To Do This Week

After Halloween, replace decorations with Thanksgiving-themed decor.

Divide the Christmas card list into five groups. Write and address one group this week.

Make a holiday budget. Work together with your spouse to set a comfortable level of holiday spending. We make it easy with our printable holiday budget worksheet.

Divide entries on the master gift list into five groups. Begin shopping for Christmas gifts, and try to buy one-fifth of the gifts this week.

Set up a holiday housework plan. Print our chore checklist. Post it publicly and hold family members accountable for delegated tasks.

Print several copies of the master shopping list to speed errand days. Group to-buy items to make shopping trips easier.

Make a family wardrobe check. Fill out the family wardrobe planner, and put any "To Buy" items on your shopping list.

Do you keep a gift closet, adding new gift items year-round? Take inventory now, before you shop for holiday gifts. Use our printable gift closet inventory to track stored gifts.

Establish good health habits to cushion you and your family from holiday stresses. Focus on regular bedtimes, proper diet, mild exercise and stress reduction. Schedule self-care appointments in the holiday calendar.

Make a tabletop check;. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Check store flyers for sales, and add needed replacements to the shopping list. Will you be ready to set a pretty holiday table?

Schedule family haircut appointments.

Inventory stocks of wrap and mail supplies with a gift wrapping checklist.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Good for you for not letting missing one week get you down! Although I've been doing the HHP for a few years, I like to look at this Countdown every year. It's a great reminder for me to double check on things and reevaluate where I am. I love Christmas so when the Countdown starts, I get so excited since it means Christmas is getting closer.