What are you after on Black Friday?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Anyone doing Black Friday this year? If so, what are you after? After such a great first-timer's experience last year I'm starting my plan now and looking at online promotions. I have found that Amazon's December shopping has become price-gouging the last couple years so I'm fighting back with in-person purchases.

Haven't really decided anything big yet as DH and I are still pondering. Part of me wants to scrap it all and go to DisneyWorld. But that's unlikely, so....

Nintendo Switch -- Nintendo threw off our game plan for DS by announcing the Nintendo Switch won't be on sale til March 2017 at the earliest. DS is all-in on that one and said he wants cash so he can have it Day 1.

Yankee Candle -- they had good deals last year so will likely hit that again. Haven't seen their deal yet so far. I think it goes out on email....

Espresso machine/ Keurig combo - since DD is so into her coffee these days. No idea which brand.

Anyone else casing the ads? What is your strategy?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am all for scrapping and going to Disney that's what I want also!

I have looked some but really there isn't much I want. I don't think I will be going out for much. There is a list of stuff at Walmart and I think I am going to attempt to buy them online.

1-clothes
2-LG headsets
3- tsum tsum advent calendar

The big gifts are bought already.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I haven't even started looking at what's going to be on sale. I usually wait and see if DS and DDIL need me to "fetch" for them (sometimes need more things than the two of them can stand in line for) and look for what I want while I'm working on theirs. I just like the hustle and bustle of it all. I know it's not for everyone, but we enjoy it. It's almost like an adventure.

I don't know if anything we need, though. I've got most everyone at least one big thing. Just need small things to go with what I have.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I don't usually shop on Black Friday. I do look at the ads and quickly determine that there isn't anything worth all the craziness to me. Especially being here in a very large city, I doubt that i'll go. But I will be looking at the ads and if I see the laptop that DD wants (she's purchasing with her own money) then I may make an exception so she can have it sooner. I sometimes go out later in the day to see what's left and then may pick up PJ's or something along those lines.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I don't usually shop on black Friday. We may go out for a tv this year. We need to replace the one in the family room upstairs.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I have found a camera set that my daughter wants at Best Buy. It's $799 down to $449 on Thursday or Friday. Really hope I can get her one. This is one thing she has asked for for 2 years now.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I work until 5 & am avoiding the mess!!!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I hate shopping most of the year but Black Friday is my favorite time. I like the 5 am - 9 am time frame. It's so quiet. After that, I'm pretty much exhausted.

I'll be looking for things at Kohls, Old Navy, Michael's, Bath and Body Works, and possibly Yankee Candle. In the past, my husband has taken the children out to visit family so when I get home, I can wrap what I just bought. This year, he has to work so I'll bring a blanket to lay over the bags in the trunk of the car until I can unload it later that night.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I hate shopping most of the year but Black Friday is my favorite time. I like the 5 am - 9 am time frame. It's so quiet. After that, I'm pretty much exhausted.

Yes -- me too! That's what was so great about last year. At 5am the mall was all quiet because they had closed at 2am or so on Thanksgiving -- the crowds had all gone home. Crowds didn't build again til 10 or so and by then I was about done and could barely walk anymore! And I didn't go to the heart of the city either (madness there). I went to neighborhood malls where crowds were less unruly.) It was great!

Reactions: Holiday_Mom