What did you name your elves?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
I'm a little embarrassed about what my Grandson named his! I was so excited to give it to him, maybe he didn't understand the concept that well and maybe my DD and I didn't present it well, who knows but he was so ticked that an elf was going to be reporting to Santa that he named him "Stink". That is why I am desperately searching for fun things to do with him. I do think he grew to like him a little as he did tuck him in a few times and he is asking Amy about him every now and then. Oh boy do I wish I knew about this site last December!

Cathie :)

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Our first elf Hannah came to our house (ordered by my mom for my dd) last year around December 6. She loved her so much and was so upset over her going home, that she stayed until New Years Eve and also brought a pocket elf (which was supposedly her little sister) named Lexi who stays all year, she is "too young to do magic" and lives with us until she's older. On Mothers Day, I received an elf named Abby. My mom is ordereing my ds one for this year and his name is Noah (she already has him). We are also getting a reindeer this year. They wiill arrive sometime around Thanksgiving.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
at our house we have 3 elves
Skeeter Jingle Peppermints (belongs to my DS12)
Elvin Jingles (belongs to my DS7)
and Miss Trixie (belongs to my DD5)

they arrive for Christmas the Saturday after Thanksgiving, or when we put our tree up. They also show up random times durring the year :) this year we bought our first home and when we got our keys to come in forthe first time, the elves had their trees set up in the living room for the kids :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm doing the elf thing this year but have not named them yet. Would you all recommend naming them in advance or letting the kids name them? The boys are 11 and 13.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Kim,
our first elf was Skeeter Jingle Peppermints, he came in 2008 and he already had a name, that same year I had gotten an elf for my nephew and his sisters (Skeeter's twin sister, Penelope) and also got an elf for my mom, my middle son (who was 6 at the time) spotted my mom's elf at a store and said Mom, they are fake I just saw a bunch of elves that look just like Emerald, so I had to quick think of a story and told him that sometimes Santa sends his magic elves to the stores for family's who don't know about magic elves, to buy, he insisted on buying one to see if it was magic, and he prayed and prayed for it to be a magic elf, then he wrote a letter to Santa just to check and see if his elf could be magic, so Santa wrote back and said that the elf would need to come to the north pole to complete the EIT program., When the elves left for EIT (my dd had also by then gotten one) they did not have names, so Santa wrote and asked them if they would like to help name the elves.

now they each have their own :) You could make up adoption papers for your elf/elves and leave the name blank for the kids to put in, like how cabage patch doll adoption papers used to be :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I love the story, Momiilu! Nice way to keep the magic for your young one too! I'll have to think through it as I like the idea of the adoption certificate where they could name it and fill in the certificate to be sent off and then something could come back in return. They are a little older but still have a fantastic whimsical side so I plan on having a lot of fun with them this year.