What did YOU receive this year? 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Merry Christmas! I always like to read about what other people received for Christmas, gives great ideas for what to gift others in the future or maybe you'll see an idea for something you might want next year! Let's see those lists!

Reactions: PamelaG

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
From Eli I received a black textured coffee cup from Starbucks and from Addison I received Pioneer Woman's new cookbook.

Santa brought the family a kit for the Nintendo Switch that included a case and protective covers for the joycons and screen and some other items.

From DH: a 10lb weighted blanket, a hanging pot and pan rack, Kindle Oasis and case, wooden bath tray, silk pillowcase, Clinique Happy perfume, Galileo Glass necklace (very cool- DD got the galaxy and I got the crescent moon), candy in my stocking, a bath light that makes the tub glow, a Sephora makeup igloo....

My mom and stepdad sent a $100 gift card for B&N and there were lots of cool little things like cute pens, procrastinator mints, an ornament, body and face loofahs, a silicone circle thing (not sure what it's for so i'll have to ask her), a dish towel that says "First coffee and then the world", a Starbucks gift card and I don't remember what else. She always finds the coolest stuff.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We all did very well for Christmas here.
I got underpants and bras, stainless steel clothes pegs for the clothes line, cash for a visit to the day spa for facial, massage etc, supplies for DrillDance and new make up etc from DH along with a much needed new mop and bucket. 8 small bottles of my favourite soft drink from DS, some face cream and moisturiser, and 2 Christmas street signs from DD and BF.
Mum and DB got me a silver bracelet, a new winter nighty and bed sheet, a new travel toiletries bag, a few snowmen for my collection and a few candles.
DB got me a manicure voucher.

I got 2 Santa sacks one from here and one from Mum's filled with all sorts of things. Bath supplies, pens, treats, shampoo, sticky tape, planner stickers, all those little interesting things that you get in stockings.

I was very pleased with all I got and I think that all at my house were pleased too.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
DH got me a kindle e-reader with case, wallet, Pioneer woman knives and cutting board set and her newest cookbook, a wall clock, earrings, robe, cds and a dvd. From the kids I got a couple necklaces, pj pants and a sweater.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, lovely

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DH & I are at that stage of life where we don't want much and I just buy what we need. DH gave me my yearly Swiss Colony petit fours, the Downton Abbey movie on Vudu, and the pants, sock loom, and a book that I bought for myself. Dgkids gave me a full-size sherpa blanket (omg, the softest blanket I have ever snuggled with) and a portable desk that I will use for handwork. Dd ordered a hoodie with a pouch/pocket so I can snuggle & carry my guinea pig, but it isn't here yet. Dsil gave me a set of snowman mugs and cocoa mixes to use on Rudy days - sweet of him since he rolls his eyes every Rudy day. Oldest dd gave me a Marie Kondo book, several Christmas novels, and a beautiful turquoise & silver necklace she made. My sister called last night and all the kids called today (1+ hours per call). I would say it was a pretty wonderful day.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, it sounds like a lovely day at your house. I like the idea of the Christmas novels. That would be something that my mum would like. I might put that idea in the planner for next year.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Every one has received such nice gifts!
My son gave me a plush throw which I have to share with Myron, a Christmas ornament and a sign with Rick’s and my name on it.
My husband surprised me with a new lap top and all the stuff that goes with it. A couple of dresses ( he has good taste), Versace perfume, the pumpkin shaped luminara candles, travel iron and mat for when I go to sewing classes (and it’s pink!), a new planner, sewing caddy that clips on my sewing table, quilt backing fabric that has cats on it, and a weighted neck warmer that has lavender and flax seeds in it that you put in the microwave. He happen to see it and thought maybe it might be nice for my neck that always hurts. It is wonderful, I love it!
And my Myron gave me 2 hours of lap time.
Lots of excitement and I’m very happy with all my gifts.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Everyone has received such nice things!

H got me a very nice Be Merry Sign for the porch, a snowman candle on a tray, and slippers.
M got me a Santa for my collection and she painted us a lovely Family sign on a canvas.
J got me new pots and pans (much needed!), two outfits, new skechers tennis shoes, the Hallmark Santa ornament, the annual snowflake ornament from Swarovski, a calendar for home and one for school by Susan Winget, a bracelet and a beautiful card. Oh and a cup phone holder!
My parents got me a Vera overnight bag, a nightgown, a gc for Maurice's, some bath and body things and Ruthless Tide by Al Roker....it's about the Johnstown flood.
My brother got us a gc for Applebee's, too.
I also got a sweater from my il's and J and I got gc's for Applebee's.

I'm happy with my gifts, too.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
What lovely gifts everyone got!

DH gave me pj's, slippers, NY Mets socks, a CD of oldies and two calendars - one my favorite Wysocki and another one with "adventurous" dogs:)

DS and DDIL gave me a lovely necklace that I can wear all the time - no need to take it off when I shower!

Buffy gave us plates from Pier 1 with Christmas dogs that looked just like her!

Friends got us assorted chocolates and shortbread cookies.

A good day!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Buffy gave us plates from Pier 1 with Christmas dogs that looked just like her!
We get presents from the dogs too. I got a lovely candle from Harry and Pip and some tea from Mac.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I got spoiled this Christmas, my family bought concert tickets . I'm going to see 2 Canadian bands ( trooper and loverboy) with my dd's ,,,I love concerts.
My dgkids made me painted wooden pictures. A pretty bell to hang on my tree and a red cardinal on a piece of driftwood.
My stocking was full of treats, soap , candles , ornament , hot chocolate and scratch tkts.

I also love reading what everyone else got...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I received Vermont hand dyed wool yarn to make myself something cool and hand made quilted pot holders from DD27. They are from her little store she works at up there. She gave maple candy to her brother and a summer sausage roll to her dad. DH gave me a Firestick. DS16 got me wonderful dark chocolate from our local place. I crocheted a beanie hat for DD with a heart applique 'I heart VT'. I found two funny shirts for DS ... one says "eat sleep game" with icons. The other shirt says, "I can't make everyone happy ... I'm not bacon" ... LOL DH got a ceramic sandwich cooker from Pampered Chef and DS got a microwave popcorn popper from Pampered Chef. Friends gave us fudge, candy, cookies, and gift cards. It was a nice holiday season.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds like everybody had a nice Christmas.

I tell the kids not to get us anything but ...... I got perfumes, sleeping mask and cutting board, watch, and some money. Talking to Teigan last night I said I was going to put my mask on and go to bed and she g'ma you wanted one of them. Yes I did. Allen stays up and the light glares at times.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I got a sweater and a pr of earrings from my DH.
From the children DH and I got as gifts a Boston pizza gift card, movie tickets, a flush throw, calendar with grandkids as the pictures. I also got a gift card to Michael’s—perfect timing as I need to grab card stock etc for next years cards and tags.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Great gifts! I got a new planner and a set of planner accessories, two poppy brooches (the Women of the First World War commemorative, the other the Codebreakers edition), a foil quill pen set for scrapbooking with the charging station, a new book from Lauraine Snelling (one of my favorite authors), a Keysmart for my keys that has the Tile smart location feature, Peeps for cleaning my glasses, bits and pieces in my stocking (nail varnish, micellar water, cotton puffs, candy and more candy), Nora Fleming minis for my napkin holder, and a British Christmas magazine.

Vic got 12 Days of Hot Sauce, new outdoor lantern lights, a shirt, a Bruce Lee commemorative magazine, our new house sign, a case for his iPhone, a Keysmart and Peeps (we all got them), an ornament of the Wizard of Oz's cowardly lion (a play on a comment he made about not having courage to drive when he first got to Okinawa because I, his navigator, wasn't with him), a ginger grater, a wok, a bottle for stir fry sauces (it has a variety of recipes with the measurements for the ingredients marked on the side), the Downton Abbey movie, and a Navy insignia framed piece that is delayed until January 3.

Sophia got a new-to-her car so that makes everything else pale in comparison! Scoops for measuring out cookie dough in three different sizes, a meat thermometer, same planner and accessories set as I got, a Keysmart and Peeps, those gel things you put in the fridge and use for puffy eyes, a foot mask, candy and more candy, a liner to protect the back of the SUV in a paw prints design, 12 Days of LUSH products, and an Instant Pot.

Spectra got a new ball, a bandanna, and a baking pan for making homemade bone-shaped cookies. Her BarkBox was delayed in the mail so it won't be here until December 30.

Vic and Sophia got the Friends Central Perk LEGO set and everyone got new slippers!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, what a great Christmas you had with your family. Glad that you could all be together.

Reactions: PamelaG

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Christmas Day DH and I opened gifts from each other. Gifts had to relate to the 5 senses. I received candy, pj's Christmas cd, puzzle and fragrant candles.

Mom gifted me with a tote that folds and looks like a small purse, a necklace and a picture frame with 1 Cor. 13 quoted.

DS and Girlfriend gave us a tin of popcorn, kitchen towels with snowman on them, hot chocolate and coffee.

We had a lovely day.

There will be more Christmas on NYE day and evening.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, love that your gifts had a "theme", how clever.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul