What did YOU receive this year? 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DS gave me a Christmas ornament... grandma & grandpa's 1st Christmas 2019 and a Harry Potter cookbook
Mom was a 3tired tray and Chocolate
Exchange with sister & brothers was body wash, cream and liquid soap
A jiganormous basket with staples from sil.

80989307_2454428288153064_6350526983029391360_n.jpg

2 other sil & mil gave us $25 gc for st-hubert's chicken. Other sil gave me a Santa, and other sil gave me a face yoga magazine her cousin has developped.
MIl gave me $50

From dh (bought by me!) 2 sweaters, christmas pjs, a book about sketching, a Christmas magazine, Boston legal dvd series, season 6 of walking dead, a puzzle, mittens.. I'm forgetting some things but I took a picture, just need to download it to computer...

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Everyone sounds like they had a nice Christmas. :) I received honey and loose tea from my dc. Dh gave me a new frying pan, a sieve, a spring jacket, gloves, a flannel shirt and a chambray shirt.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So fun to hear what everyone one got! :)

I'm looking forward to "playing" with and enjoying all the things that came my way this year!

DH got me a PowerQuick Pot ( just another brand of InstaPot) and I'm super excited to try it out!

Also received nice heavy weight measuring cups and spoons set - measurements are engraved so they won't wash off like they have on my other sets!

Got a nice slicer/shredded set - it's a box you add the blade cartridge to and as you slice or shred the food is contained in the box. Nice for times I just need to do a little and don't want to haul out the food processor!

Flour sifters, silicone mats, warm cozy socks, gloves, scarf and hat set, slippers and eye mask rounded things out!

From others I got 4 new springform pans, beautiful mug, hand held clothing steamer, jewelry cleaner and a CD.

Reactions: PamelaG and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I love the basket.
I gave DD and BF a washing basket full of things for around the house. Toilet paper, dw pods, dw liquid, washing pods, paper towel, anything I could think of to help them out. It took me most of the year to buy 1 or 2 items a shop to fill it. It was greatly received.

Your basket looks amazing.

Reactions: luludou

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lucie, I love the basket.
I gave DD and BF a washing basket full of things for around the house. Toilet paper, dw pods, dw liquid, washing pods, paper towel, anything I could think of to help them out. It took me most of the year to buy 1 or 2 items a shop to fill it. It was greatly received.

Your basket looks amazing.

I usually do that for our kids, including some food items. I didn't do it this year and felt bad...I'll probably try to do it for 2020.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Also received nice heavy weight measuring cups and spoons set - measurements are engraved so they won't wash off like they have on my other sets!
These sound great, the plastic ones lose their labels quickly!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'll probably try to do it for 2020.
I will do a smaller version for my Mum this year, not a full basket. I like to give things that are useful as well as treats.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My parents gave us a coffee maker (loved my old one but it was leaking half of it out every day, so I had to part with it) and a blender that also cooks. It's neat - you can put raw veggies and water in and it will chop it up, cook it, and puree it into soup. I forsee lots of healthy soup in our future.

I got a nice teacup with a steeper inside and lots of tea, pajamas, knitting needles, and a cookbook full of healthy plant-based meals. I also got lots and lots of chocolate. :)

Reactions: luludou and MrsSoup

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
My parents gave us a coffee maker (loved my old one but it was leaking half of it out every day, so I had to part with it) and a blender that also cooks. It's neat - you can put raw veggies and water in and it will chop it up, cook it, and puree it into soup. I forsee lots of healthy soup in our future.

I got a nice teacup with a steeper inside and lots of tea, pajamas, knitting needles, and a cookbook full of healthy plant-based meals. I also got lots and lots of chocolate. :)

That blender sounds amazing! I need to find one! What brand did you get?

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
That blender sounds amazing! I need to find one! What brand did you get?

It's called the Instant Pot Cooking Blender. (It's also known as the Instant Pot Ace Blender) It can also do almond milk, oat milk etc. It has a soup setting where you throw the chopped veggies in with water and hit the button and it cooks them up and purrees them and makes soup in about 20 minutes. I haven't tried it out yet - hoping to make some soup tomorrow since we're in for a big snowfall :)

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
It's called the Instant Pot Cooking Blender. (It's also known as the Instant Pot Ace Blender) It can also do almond milk, oat milk etc. It has a soup setting where you throw the chopped veggies in with water and hit the button and it cooks them up and purrees them and makes soup in about 20 minutes. I haven't tried it out yet - hoping to make some soup tomorrow since we're in for a big snowfall :)

That's the one I just read about. Thank you for the info!