When Do You Buy Candy?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
I'll buy it in October when I find it on sale. That gives me a month to figure out where to hide it from DH!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i buy it as soon as it comes out. end up eating it and getting more. just cant helpmyself

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well I hope it makes someone feel better that I am totally addicted to candy corn right now...seriously it's about all I have eaten for a week...could be that my monthly friend is here, but honest...I have boughten about 5 bags...yes I am embarrassed to admit but it's true!

Holiday Nut

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Christmas Town
I buy candy when I see it on sale -- starting in September. So I buy a few bags here and there and when Halloween comes around I'm set. I rarely pay full price -- I love the buy 1 get 1 free deals at like CVS. :jack:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
About 5 mins before my kids get home from school on Halloween day, or else someone would eat it. NOT ME, NOT ME, NOT ME and I'msticking toit.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am ready to start buying Halloween candy now. I feel happier if I can buy it on sale. I am good at hiding it - and most years, my family does not find it. We all eat PLENTY on Halloween night. I buy a big variety. :jack:

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I also have to hide the halloween candy from my husband. He found it every year, no matter where I hid it - including wrapping the candy in some of my bras and putting it back in my bra drawer !!!

Now - I tell him I dont buy it till trick or treating day and he believes me. I buy the candy when he is working late or out fishing - I already have bought a big 125 piece hershey bag and I put it in a shirt christmas box, wrap it in christmas paper and put a tag on it to my daughter - To: Angelique From: Santa - if husband ventures in gift closet looking for candy - he only sees some wrapped gifts. this has worked now for a couple of years. I also wrap the bag of candy around lots of tissue paper so it does not shake too much.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
That is very clever, MrsPaul! Other good hiding places for me have been inside suitcases, in the linen closet BEHIND piles of sheets, and in the trunk of the car (after the weather cools down so it doesn't melt). But I think your idea of wrapping it like Christmas presents is the best!

redfairy

Premiere Member
May 23, 2008
Utah
I can't find a happy medium: last year I bought some two weeks before Halloween and had only two bags left the night before (yes, i will admit that I snuck one too many!); the year before that, I bought some the first week of October, hid them, then forgot where they were! I had to go buy some more the day before, then found the five huge bags I'd hidden a few days later. Yes, you can roll your eyes at me; I'm doing it, too!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I just bought 3 bags of those peanut butter chewy candies that come in the orange and black wrappers. They are really cheap and they come in a huge bag. I live right in town so I know that won't be enough, but we'll be out trick or treating anyway for a while so whoever comes after that will get them.

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
We start buying the first week in October, and then we make bags to hand out at my DD2's MDO, and all of her little friends and playgroup. We don't have any children who come to our house, but I just love handing out candy. We make every bag have the same things, same numbers, and leftovers go in a bowl that we can eat, and normally there isn't that many! :hat: Which is good for my waistline... :santalol:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
last week I bought over 200 snack size bags of chips, pretzels, etc....I had to put them away, the kids kept eating them! :rotflol:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
... I think I'm late already!!! Have to start making my little treat bags this week!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
halloween candy

i couldnt resist - i was at target this morning and i got milky ways -reeses cups and peppermint patties. i will try not to eat all of them lol

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I will have to get organized and go get mine soon

I make up bags every year and that is a bit time consuming (usually one or two evenings to do them all).

We are away for a few days near the end of September and for two weeks starting the middle of October. I would like to have the bags ready, or almost ready before we go away. But I am debating since we are travelling to the States and it might be nice to pick up some different Halloween candy to give out.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I usually buy them when I see a big bag on sale at costco:)

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have probably posted on this thread already, but I can't remember!! Well we are a candy-loving family so I buy about a bag a week at Walmart. Then a week or so before that actual big day, I buy a couple of bags for the trick or treaters.

I know, I know, not the healthiest! But hey, I can only find the good Brach's candy corn once a year!