When do you put up your Tree?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

When do you put up your Christmas Tree?

• Before Thanksgiving

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Thanksgiving Day or the weekend after

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • First weeks of December

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Christmas Eve or Christmas Day

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanksgiving Weekend because we do a live tree. Any earlier and it would be crispy and dry by the holiday.

IF I did a fake tree (which I really really want but can't afford) I'd have it up the week before. The more I think about this the more I want to get that tree up earlier. That would open up an entire weekend AFTER Thanksgiving to get other stuff done and by that point I would have the Christmas wish lists in hand. Very tempting.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ours was always started putting it up Wednesday night before Thanksgiving--eat pizza by candlelight---have it decorated by the end of Thanksgiving Day and the rest by week-end end.

Yup -- See I could really get into this. I may have to change our tradition this year. It's half-days in school anyway that week. It is Parent-Teacher Conference Week. This as opposed to the weekend after. Mmm-hmmm..... Yup!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
We always do ours about the second week of December and it stays up til at least New Year's Day and preferably until the 12th Night. I love looking at it and enjoying the holiday season! Getting so excited to begin.

maurice.cowell

Retire Member
Mar 10, 2013
Australia
hcconvey.com.au
We usually put up our Christmas tree on the first week of December. With kids present in the house, they want to feel that Christmas is coming soon. They love decorating as well so there is always a change in how the tree looks like over the weeks.