Who is Looking Forward to Black Friday?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I AM! I can't wait to get out there and shop! I don't even need to get anything this year! I love to go to Target. I like to go to ToysRUs also, but absolutely refuse to go to Kohl's. I will hit k Mart on Thanksgiving day.

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I'll have to see the sale papers before I decide. Imay keep the grandkids and let my daughter go. I'll just have to see.

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im really looking forward to black friday this year. We're on a really tight budget this year so Im looking for all the sales I can find... :eek:)

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I'm looking forward to Black Friday this year and I don't even live in the USA! I have some extra vacation days left over this year so I decided to take US Thanksgiving and Black Friday off and stay home with my DD2 and watch the Macy's parade in our jammies! I can't wait! Then I'm going to get all my Christmas stuff out and start decorating!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I love to shop on black friday however I have to work this year so I will only be able to hit one or two stores.

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I love it only if I get to go out first, while it's still dark. There is nothing like putting on your jogging pants and shoes, shopping cap, and strapping your money to you and heading out with a cup of coffee at 3 or 4 in the morning. I love it also because it's the only time that my husband will really tell me what he wants. Of course, I just happen to find some bargains for myself, too. ;-)

We learned last year though that the paper is not always accurate. He wanted a certain shoe, and I went to two different Macy's and they didn't have it. He ended up ordering it on line. That's when we found out that if a store has an advertised sale. Items can often be purchased at midnight on line. That's why we don't fight the crowd at Circuit City anymore.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I too love looking at the ads. I don't always go, or i may hit just a couple stores, but i dont get up in the middle of the night and head out, lol. Back in the day when stores opened at like 8 i may get up for that but not these middle of the night openings, i'm so not a morning person, lol.

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
i haven't been in years, but I might actually take off the morning so I can go this year. I'm hoping for some good sales to help boost my holiday budget, that's for sure!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I love it!

It is alot of fun for DH and I every year! It is the one day he gets excited about shopping!

We sometimes hit KMart on Thanksgiving Day, either on our way to or back from DMIL's.

And then we like to look at the ads together at night.

Last year we came home from Thanksgiving, looked at the ads a while, then decided to hop in the hot tub with a bottle of wine - just as it started to softly snow. So beautiful!

It was a great way to rejuvenate and get ready for the next day!!!

On Black Friday we always get up super early, hit Starbucks, then go to our first store. We always wear comfy exercise pants, and lots of layers!

We shop on our side of town, avoiding the craziness of the major shopping area on the other side of town. We still have plenty of stores to choose from, and it is still very busy, but we can handle it.

After we've hit the stores we want, we stop for an early lunch at a local Mexican restaurant chain.

Then it is time to go home for a well earned nap.

After the nap of course, I jump right back in there with decorating trees, etc.

I start the decorating over the last few days leading up to Thanksgiving (since I do so much) and thus feel less pressure during the first part of Thanksgiving weekend...

I've been checking some internet sites to see if there are any ads up yet - so far - no dice...

I can't wait!!!

:party:

grammea

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2008
I am!!! I am!!!!
Money istight this year,(usually is,LOL!!) so I want to get out there first thing.
Last year I was in line before Target opened at 6 am and the management brought out this big cart and had free hot chocolate and cookies for all of us. It was loads of fun!!!!!!
Can't wait for on-line sneak peaks at the ads either!!!
Hugs and God bless,
helen(grammea)

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
I usually do all of my shopping before, and it is finished. But this year I am going to go with my MIL, I think. I think we will go really early when It's still dark out and plan it according to paper sales!!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I worked in the mall for a few years during college, and I loved working BF!!! The adrenaline is amazing! Seriously.

But I don't shop on BF. Never have since Mom dragged me to Walmart one year as a teen. I shop big sales all year long, and get the best deals. :rudolph:

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
well here I am getting excited for Day Afer Thanksgiving shopping again this year. I started this post a year ago.

I can't wait, the only change between last year and this year is that the Kmart in our town here closed so I will not be going there.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Syanda we don't live in the US either ... and I LOVE your idea!! Taking a day off to watch the Macy's parade and then decorate for Christmas.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The last 3 or 4 years I have been off Thanksgiving week but this year I gave it up for another girl to be off. Isn't that nice of me? My DH still can go and DS. I am off the first week of December.

We usually go to K-Mart, Wal-Mart and Lowes. But K-Mart we hit on Thanksgiving too if any deals we need.

There is a chance that I might trade a day out and take it BUT will see. The last 2 years we have met up with my mom and little sister and eat Breakfast at Cracker Barrel.