Word of the year 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kelly, an amazing word. We could all live by your philosophy, I too tend to hold a grudge, I do think that I am very quick to judge other people and situations. I will try to do better at this. Thank you.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
{change}

So much change will be going on in our lives this year so I'm going to embrace the word and document all of the changes in our lives. I'm working with Ali Edwards' One Little Word - you can read all about it on her blog - she has great materials available but you can use any journal or album if you're interested in memory-keeping.

We are going to change our lifestyle to one that is much healthier.
Our family dynamic will change in several ways - Sophia will graduate from college and either enter the working world full-time or continue with her part-time work while she enrolls in a Masters degree program. Vic will prepare to move to Okinawa and I will, well, that's all to be determined by the Navy.

{change} is coming in 2018!

Reactions: jampss

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Couldn't think of what I wanted my word to be for this year. But now I have it. As I was thinking of DH and the years we no longer have together. I reminded myself as I have many times lately to cherish those years that we did have. So my word for this year will be cherish.

Life is short and there are ups and downs, but I need to cherish them all!! For we never know what tomorrow will bring.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Debbie, That is so true. Many people never move on with grieving as you have done. You have done a wonderful job of remembering the good times. My prayers are with you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie, a wonderful word.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well past the mid way point of the year.
My word for the year was BETTER.
It is interesting to read how enthusiastic I was at the beginning of the year to get started.
Am I doing BETTER? Time to reevaluate and finish the year off strongly.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My word is Rebuild. I feel like a firm foundation is being set for the rebuilding. I'm catching the bad habits sooner than later. I don't beat myself up over things but celebrate the small victories. It's a different mindset and yet it's a better one for me.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I needed this today. Am I really becoming what I want to be? Still working on being true to myself.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Time to look at my word of the year as we get closer to Christmas. I need to concentrate on doing better on the food and water intake, getting to bed at a reasonable time and working on the little things now to make life easier in the next month or so.
Time soon to look at my word for 2019.

Reactions: luludou