Words- 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm starting to think about this now just because I know when the holidays hit it's a whirlwind and I won't have time to ponder this.

I'm going to do a phrase the next year and it's one I think about all the time but can never put into action as a way of life.

It is: Extreme Self Care

It is really taking care of yourself physically- making sure you get rest and sleep, proper nutrition, stay hydrated, stay up on appointments (mammogram, teeth cleaning), and staying physically active.

But I want to include taking extreme self care of my home- is it company ready at all times?

My finances- Am I taking extreme self care to ensure I have proper savings and a plan for the future. I don't want to work forever!

Have you thought about what word/phrase you would like to live out in 2015?

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure yet... I like your phrase though. This year my word was self-improvement which is in the same way of thinking... I have not done all I wanted to do but I have one improvement which has now become a habit - exercise which I am proud of. However, the other small things I wanted are not implimented yet

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Annie, great minds think alike because I was thinking today that I needed to get started on this. One phrase that comes to mind for me is "slow down!" But, I'm pretty sure that won't be the one I choose. With DD21 graduating college in March and DD18 graduating high school in May, then leaving in September for college....yeah....pretty sure "slow down" would just leaving me feeling frustrated for not being able to do it..

Maybe "adjust," should be my word?....lol.....hmm......food for thought.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great phrase for the year, Annie! I haven't really thought about it, yet. I wasn't very good about my word for this year, so it has to be something that I can actually connect with on a daily basis.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have been thinking about this as this is my fist year here.
My word will be Balance,

I want to have balance in all areas of my life.
Being a single parent can be extremely busy at times- we have lots on which I really love but find that at times I take on too much, sometimes I don;t take on enough....

I want to balance DS, home, me. friends etc...

I guess this also means taking time out for me, looking after myself as well as others. In Australia we have an expression "Running around like a chook without a head" I find that I sometimes do this. I over schedule in some areas and under schedule in others.

In 2015 I want to find a balance between all areas of my life.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been thinking of a word too. My word for this year COMPLETE has been a good one for me. I am not sure what to choose for next year, but I know I want it to have meaning and be achievable.

Tanya, balance is a great word.
Annie, I like your phrase.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
"Strong" has been a good word for me this year. I really like this one-word resolution thing. It sticks with me. It has pushed me this year to get my hip and knee issues worked on after getting nowhere on them for a few years now. With that word in mind I got through several doctor appointments in the beginning of the year. Then I got distracted with the summer. Then I remembered it again. Now I've joined a gym and am in martial arts classes. I'm getting stronger and I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. And with the core of me being strong I find the rest of my life becoming easier.

I don't have my word yet for 2015.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I had not given it any thought yet but you are getting me to start thinking about it.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Bumping.

Annie

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Back just in time to do this! I love hearing what everyone is doing. I've given mine some thought but have not settled on one thing just yet.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Haven't decided on a new word yet. My word for this year "Believe". Has been so good for me. It is amazing as I see it everywhere so I am able to think on it a lot! I have to "Believe" there was a good reason God called Darrel home. I have to "Believe I can do this on my own, even though I struggle with it all. I have to "Believe" that I MUST go on even when I don't want too!
So I hope I can find another really good word for me.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My word for 2015, "renewal".

....an instance of resuming an activity or state after an interruption.
....the replacing or repair of something that is worn out, run-down, or broken.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am a very visual and creative type of person. Over the years I have found how powerful words are and how simple verbiage can make such a drastic difference in the overall outcome, presentation or feeling. Words such as chores, routines, planner, to-do all tend to have a negative vibe to them in my opinion so my word for 2015 is
DESIGN

When you design something you have a timeline, beautiful vision of the completed product and steps or pattern required to put it together. Yes, this is a much more powerful word that speaks to me. LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have been thinking about this for a while and I think my word for 2015 will be
ORGANISE.

I have so much that I need to get through, we need new wills, I need to pay off our mortgage, I need to do my crafts list, to do all of these things I need to be organised.

Last edited: