Wrapping Parties 2017

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by sweetpumkinpye, May 11, 2017.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I hope that you all don't mind if I start the Wrapping Party thread for this year. Over the past few years these dates have been important in my planning of pre Christmas prep.
    Hope that you can all join along, if you have nothing to wrap on these dates maybe use them for planning or to buy something for in the closet....

Saturday August 12th

Saturday September 16th

Sunday October 15th

Friday November 10th

Saturday November 25th (one month to go)
    Sunday November 26th

Saturday December 9th

Saturday December 16th
    Sunday December 17th (one week to go)

Relax now the wrapping should be done!!!!!

2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

This is a great reminder for me. I tend to forget about the wrapping parties. I'll put this down on the calendar. Maybe this year I can join in October. August and September are busy here with back to school preparations and then all the activities the first few weeks of school.

jollykelly likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Thanks, Katrina. I seldom get in on the early ones because my family all like to wait until late October, early November to really settle on what they want, but I try to take time to do something for preparation on those days.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Thanks Katrina. I too don't usually use the early ones but it gives me the opportunity to look for boxes, scotch tape, wrapping paper and update the gift closet

5. Minta

Minta Active Member

I so wish I could join in but I really do not have place to store the gifts long term once they are wrapped right now plus we do the bulk of our shopping in Oct and Nov. I am however planning on taking a day off from work in the beginning of Dec and get the wrapping done, especially for DH and the kids since they will be out of the house.
    I do like Lucie's idea for using those dates to make sure I have enough tape and locate my scissors cause they always seems to walk off LOL

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  6. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

Thank you Katrina - I am definitely in on this and have placed on my calendar! I hope to have all my shopping done before Thanksgiving so I will be using all of the early dates and hope to not have to use the later ones! But you know what they say about the best laid plans......

7. DawnSu

DawnSu Member

thanks soo much. I live by these. I actually start alot in July. as I am here on may 12th & already have 3 gifts in box... lol

8. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I put these on my calendar and every year at least once my husband ask me if I'm going to some wrapping party..hahah I'll go add them again. I don't necessarily follow them to the T, but it reminds me constantly to get it done!!

9. sweetpumkinpye

I am looking forward to the wrapping parties. Popping some Christmas music on, getting the supplies together and wrapping whatever I may have.
    Any reason to celebrate Christmas is a good reason for me.

10. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I'm in for most of them. I will probably use the August one to update lists, supplies etc.... But I know that Im good to start- I made sure I selected and purchased my theme paper for 2017 in 2016. In 2017 I will decide on a theme colour and purchase ahead.

11. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

So I never did put my wrapping paper away..Meaning it normally gets hauled to the storage shed. Maybe that will help me get a start earlier on wrapping.

12. noonun

noonun New Member

Thank you Katrina :)

13. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I've got all the dates plugged into my Google calendar! :) I will use the August date to focus on wrapping all of my hand crafted gifts. I've already got a drawer full of them and it takes TIME to wrap all those little things! I've been caught out by this the last couple of years - underestimating the time it will take to wrap all those little felt ornaments and so on...NOT this year! lol

All my wrapping supplies are easy to hand - or mostly with a little rearranging - so should be good to go! Just need to check on my supply of the good tape!

14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

thank you sounds great cant wait

15. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

mine is in a tote behind my bed so it will be easier to get to. i usually put it i the attic

16. sweetpumkinpye

I am not sure how much I will have by the first wrapping date in August either. I am just keen to get started.
    September (BER MONTHS) is when the Christmas magic starts setting in for me.