Wrapping Parties 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done to you all.
I have tweaked the days a little to suit me but so far all I need to do is wrap my mum's gifts and a few strays.
Will be wrapping at my mums house this Thursday and then I think we are done.
DH and the kids will need to do mine at some stage but that is normally a last minute thing.
I will keep paper and tags out in case I pick up a few more things.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to wrap this weekend now that I have theChristmas tree in the living room.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Didn't get to it by the time I was ready DH was sleeping and the wrapping stuff is under the bed will get that moved

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to put some time aside on the 25th to finish wrapping. Time is sneaking past so quickly and the 25th will be a good day for me to finish off.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I got a few things wrapped on Friday. Spent most of my time just trying to find things I'd hidden to wrap and then trying to find things I'd already wrapped then hidden :eek:

Should be in better shape to keep wrapping going from this point forward!

I also assembled then taped up the box that will arrive from the Pajama Elves this year for DS. Just need to purchase/decide on wrapping paper to use and then wrap it. Have the "shipping" label printed and ready to go on the box as well!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ the elf shipping box sounds delightful.

I too am looking for a lost present, I think I may have hidden it in someone else's box :confused:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
What did you do to simplify?

In the past, I bought one set of gifts for the trash and recycling crew, another set for the mail men, another for the bus drivers, and individually unique gifts for each of the teachers. This year the trash and recycling crew, the mail men, and the bus drivers will be given the same thing. The teachers are getting different items than the bus drivers but the teacher gifts are all the same thing.

I found it easier this year to keep track of what I needed to buy and what needed to get wrapped. Last year, I had myself so confused that at first I didn't have enough gifts then I went out and bought too many gifts. :rolleyes:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent 6 hours yesterday wrapping gifts. I did some online shopping earlier last week and then on Friday I went out shopping. UPS and the USPS stopped at the house a few times on Friday and Saturday. Between the boxes and the shopping bags, my bedroom looked like a mess. Now the bedroom looks like a organized mess of Christmas gifts. I still need to get bows/ribbons on them. I'll work on that later in the week. My body is so sore from the stretching, sitting, standing and stair climbing.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Holiday Mom who knew wrapping gifts would gifts was such great exercise. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I missed wrapping this weekend, other plans. Really need to get to it this week.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I always grew up with no gifts under the tree until Christmas morning and have practiced that with my family. I personally like the idea of wrapping very pretty gifts and putting them under the tree so the gifts act a decorations too.
When do you put your gifts out?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Before Christmas our gifts to others go under the tree and are removed as they are given. I only give Luke 1 gift- it goes under the tree usually on Christmas Eve during the day. Lukes gift to me is under the tree before Christmas when ever he wraps it. Everything else in our house comes from Santa so these dont go out til very late Christmas Eve- more often early Christmas morning!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I would love to put the gift under the tree as soon as they are wrapped. I think it looks so pretty, however my dog will not have it. If I were to put them out early, he would unwrap and chew everything the minute I left the house. I learned that the hard way! They now go out Christmas Eve, once he is asleep in my room, with the door shut.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We put them out Christmas Eve. Good point about dogs - not sure if our new one will mess with them or not. May put his bed in the spare room that night!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have three gifts wrapped and under the tree now. Surprisingly DGS didn't bother them at all this weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I wrapped crochet snowflakes part of the afternoon yesterday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I really need to get my mum's gifts wrapped today. I know that we have a month until Christmas but with everything else on the calendar I am scared of running out of time.

We put our presents out on Christmas Eve. I like the looks on the kids faces when they see them for the first time on Christmas morning.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have DS and DGS's gifts all in huge gifts bags but now they need to be wrapped. At least they are out of my bedroom so I can finally walk around my bed. lol