Your Christmas Stocking

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's a challenge for this fall....find a large Christmas stocking....find a pretty one....its for YOU.

Then as you see cute little things or fun items,.....buy them for YOURSELF and put them into your stocking. Keep it hidden and after the item goes in you can't look at it again....no digging around in it!

Then on Christmas Eve...either hang the stocking or put it under the tree....full of forgotten goodies....just for YOU....

You deserve it..... :)

You can post your buys and your progress in this thread,.....but no REREADING.....the whole idea is to forget what you bought so you can be surprised!

:elf:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I do this!! Made myself a stocking a few years back and I buy things along the way to fill it. I need to wrap these very soon because I want to 'forget' what I bought. This year I have a new stocking (giving the one I made to mom and filling it too).

RoniJo

Premiere Member
Jul 2, 2014
This is a really good idea! I have always stuffed stockings for the kids but DH has never been interested in doing stockings for each other. This will be fun!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I've always done stocking for the kids and DH. The last year the kids were home they made a stocking for me. I haven't had one since. I think this is a terrific idea. Thank you! We are so busy making sure that everyone else is provided for that we forget about the most important person, OURSELVES! This is our reward for working so hard and doing such an amazing job on planning, prepping and organizing some fabulous holidays.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I like this idea. I tend to pick up for myself so now I should put them aside instead of keeping it

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pick have done this for years because DH and the kids never think of doing one for me. I buy things throughout the year that I need and pop it in there. I love my stocking.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love this idea! Stockings are my favourite part, the only gift I like actually - all those neat little needed things :)

On my must do list!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Another idea is to pair up with a friend or relative and make a stocking for each other...my sister-in-law and I do this. That way, everything is a surprise! She calls me her S.I.S. (Sister in the struggle LOL!)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Colleen, what a fantastic idea. I think that that is so special.

I have decided to make Dh work a little this year, he is a great guy but does nothing towards gifts or any Christmas prep. There are a few things I need for in my stocking and I am going to make sure DH gets them for me. How hard is it to buy a set of tongs for cooking and a pair of pliers for crafting?? We shall see.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ginger's idea and Colleen's are both great!

DH does do a stocking for me and DS drops in a few things but I might try and do one for my sister-by-choice.

SallyJ

Premiere Member
Jul 28, 2012
I'm going to start doing this. Growing up, stockings were a big deal in my family and not so much in my husband's family. He always forgets about my stocking. I can think of lots of things I'd like to have in mine! :smilegifts:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm IN!

:)

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hmmm....I may just have to do this for myself. If I told DH what I want, he would get it.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
DH fills a stocking for me, does a pretty good job of it actually. This year I might drop a few extra hints for some ideas! ;)

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
I love this! DH does me a stocking but I'm sure he would welcome the help! LOL. He says it's his hardest chore at the holidays! Plus I think I'll do one for my mom. She would like that, I think!
Thanks for the great idea, Ginger!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
CathyMac, i do a stocking for my mum every year and she really likes it. I put in things that she loves, her favorite chocolate bars, nut etc and things that she needs, shampoo, headache remedies, tissues etc.
It takes the pressure off her a little and gives her a few nice things.