Easter Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm in charge of Easter dinner this year. What are your plans for your Easter dinner?

My family usually has mashed potatoes and gravy each year, but I'm thinking I may mix it up and make Cheesy Potato Casserole. It goes so well with ham. I'm planning on making slow cooked green beans with bacon, Easter bread, some sort of cheesecake, and some kind of appetizer...probably a cheese spread shaped like a carrot with crackers.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My holiday menus rarely change but this year I will see what Ddil would like to add or change. I know nothing with any type of nuts but there maybe something else she would like to add.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We'll be on the road driving home from the cruise and it's Eli's birthday so whatever restaurant he wants that night is where we'll eat.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I like to do a small buffet for Easter. Thanks for the thread Lisa, as I have not had a chance to even think about it yet so this will get me started.

This year I'm thinking..

appetizer - veggie tray, chips and salsa

*a small ham
*baked ziti
*deviled eggs
*baked beans
*green bean casserole
*rye bread/rolls
*relish tray of green and black olives, pickles
*potatoes, either scalloped or potato salad. Maybe twice baked?
*cole slaw, macaroni or pasta salad

For dessert I would probably just buy a cheesecake or make some brownies.

Wine, iced tea and sodas

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
We will be "returning" my youngest grandbaby on Easter, since her parents will be returning from taking her sister to Disney World the day before...so might be taking some food there-menus sound delish here so far!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was just re-reading some of the previous years Dinner notes on here. There were a few things I wanted to try from Robin's post last year.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Thanks Lisa for the post. This will get me in gear. We will have family over, a total of 15. We have the standard PA dutch food, as it is all my grandparents will eat. We will have;
-ham
-potatoe filling with gravy
-macraroni and cheese
-green beans
-corn
-cole slaw and chow chow
-cheese cake, tandy cake, and chocolate cake

Can't wait to see what others are having.

Kelly

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Diedre-I was thinking I should read what I posted last year when I was thinking of menu items for this year, lol.

Edited to add -- Well, I certainly like the same things each year! Pretty much an identical menu from last year.

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Good question. Not sure what our plans are. Hard part is I like ham, potato salad, rolls and green beans but the kids won't eat half of that. Crazy, picky kids... I need to check with my parents and see if we are meeting them or what.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Easter Ham, it's the law.

I will be making Easter Dinner and taking it to DS's house. That way we can enjoy everyone without the dog allergy people getting hit by an attack. Ddil's dad will be there too. We just met him last week when we dropped off a lawn mover. Ddil didn't have anything special she wanted me to make for Easter. She said they are meat eaters so ham or turkey would be fine. So it is Ham because I believe it's a law to serve ham on Easter. lol

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Kelly, what is chow-chow?

I've barely thought of my menu for Easter yet. I don't even know who will be here & who won't. LOL I have begun planning/buying things for Zaiden's Easter basket. It's been a while since the Easter Bunny has visited us. :)

I better sit down with pen & paper & start thinking.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Hi all,

All of the posted menus sound delicious! Thank you (all) for inspiring me to plan my menu. This year we will be at home & the menu will be:

*Belgian endive scoops w/ lobster salad served w/ Pinot Grigio

*Roast leg of lamb w/ mint jelly served w/ Pinot noir
*Roasted baby potatoes & asparagus
*Garden salad w/ raspberry lime vinaigrette

*Strawberry shortcake served w/ demitasse cafe

Happy Monday!

Gidget-

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Easter Dinner

So it is Ham because I believe it's a law to serve ham on Easter. lol

LOL ... yes!
:easterbunny:

I think we'll do something like:
ham/tempeh bites (for DD22 the vegetarian)
deviled eggs
olives, sweet pickles
potatoes salad
cole slaw
apple sauce

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We will be at mom's again this year. 30 something people

Dad does porc roasted on a spit.. mechoui. Then there are french fries (a 30lb bag usually). Gravy
My cousin brings 2 pecan pies
Mom has a chocolate fountain and another cousin brings the fruits for the chocolate dip.
We will be making salads, don't know which kind yet.
Veggies & dip
Bread
Wine, tea, coffee.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will be waiting until the week of Easter to decide the menu. It will just be us so that makes it easier. The weather here has been on a roller ocaster ride lastely. 60 + degrees one day and snow the next. It will depend on how warm/cold it will be here. I know I will be making a ham and thinking about stuffed shells too.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Easter Dessert

My cousin brings 2 pecan pies
:easterbunny:
Mmmmmmmmm!! Pecan Pie! I might need to add this to my list!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Kelly, what is chow-chow?

Hi Lolwlias- Chow Chow is a PA dutch side dish. It is basically pickled veggies and beans.

Kelly