December Photo-a-Day Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Challenges like this can be found all over the Internet; it's pretty easy to create nice pictures with a smartphone and one of the easy photo-editing apps. I liked this one so much that I saved it to my Pinterest and decided to share here, too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As one of my Christmas gifts this year I have asked a friend to take some photos of my family. We have not had family photos taken for years and I just feel it is time to get some done.
My family consists of DH and myself, DD, DS, my mum and my brother, so not a huge group but very special to me.
My mum and I will put the photos in albums and it would be lovely to add some photos of the themes listed here.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Ohmigosh ~ I LOVE this idea!! And have the whole thing bound in a book for the kids for the future. LOVE IT! (And I was just thinking about Advent - we could make this part of our Advent calendar)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter gave me a Christmas smash book last year and this would be a great way to put it to use. I'm going to go back and heck them out closer.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Nice idea! I'd vary it some to take account of Hanukkah and the fact that DH's birthday falls in December.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I love this idea. I tried to do Capture365 one year but only made it for two months! :elf:Maybe I could do 25 days....my camera phone has been acting up though so I would have to see if I can get it to work...if not could use the theme as journaling or art journal prompts.

Also I'm doing 30 Days of Thankful starting...November 1st.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have set a date for mid November for a family photo day. We are joining another family and we will take photos of each other.

Would like to take a photo every day for the 25 days and use it as an advent calender for next year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sadly the date we had set aside to take photos fell through. We have decided to try again in March/April and give the photos for Mother's Day.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I get a photo of DS and I every year from his school.

On Mothers Day (or actually a few days before) they have a mother/ son breakfast at school. The school pays a professional photographer to take a portrait of son and Mum together. The school then gets them printed in a 5x8 for each boy to give to his Mum on Mothers Day. The photos come out great and I love them- they usually print them in black and white.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I know this is an old thread, but I think it's a great idea. What do you take the photos of? do you do people, decorations or what? I am also interested in doing the 365 days and starting on the first day of summer vacation until next years summer vacation.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do anything that relates to what I do. Could be something in the garden or a photo of me doing something I enjoy (or not enjoy!) but anything that records your life.

I think a whole year of photos would be a lot of fun.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Saved and Printed these ideas off! I agree a year of photos would be excellent! I loved photography but have not picked up my camera in a long time.

Edit to add:

Okay I did it :) a quick Pinterest search resulted in September to August (did till next year) monthly photo challenges printed.
Printed them off four to a page, cut them out and taped into my dayplanner!

Last edited:

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
I know this is an old thread, but I think it's a great idea. What do you take the photos of? do you do people, decorations or what? I am also interested in doing the 365 days and starting on the first day of summer vacation until next years summer vacation.

You do whatever the word means for you. You just have to find a connection. :)