ideas for 14 yr old girl

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
My daughter is 14 almost 15 and I need some ideas for her advent calendar and stocking. I was also given the idea of a coffee basket (yes, she is a coffee aholic) or a bath basket. Can anyone make any fun suggestions? thanks

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
That should be really fun. It sounds like she's a "girlie-girl". There are so many ideas for girls. Jewelry, of course. Cute holiday socks. Items for a manicure (polish, remover, nail buffer, clipper, file, cuticle cream ...) and/or gift card for manicure/pedicure. Would she like hair ribbons, clips, etc.? A wonderful shampoo/rinse? I like coffee creamers and find I can pick up flavored ones in the individual sizes at places like 7-11 or truck stops by their coffee pots. I pick up a bunch of them, take them to the cashier, and ask if I can just buy them. They often just give them to me, especially if I'm purchasing something else, but one place now charges me 5 cents each. The grocery stores usually sell little one-pot packages of different coffees. Of course a cute mug or three :) I use a little plug-in device to keep my coffee warm. https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-Warmer-Office-MWBLK/dp/B000CO89T8
A cute mug rug would be nice, too. And don't forget the biscotti and chocolate-covered coffee beans!

A spa/bath basket should be pretty easy, too. Include some floating candles. And my DD and I love a microfiber towel to wrap our hair after washing it. They remove excess moisture quickly and leave the hair the perfect dampness for blow-dry styling.

Have fun!

Reactions: JeniferDwn

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My girls always got several pair of pretty panties. I put food GCs in stockings. Earbuds, phone accessories, nail bling, socks, pretty hair barrettes, movie passes, jewelry, notebooks, pens, bath fizzies, lotion, soap, car accessories, music CDs, DVDs, flarp, slinky, key chain, backpack/locker decorations, fun shoelaces, coupons for things you can do together, fake eyelashes, fake fingernails, purse size hand sanitizer, cards, coasters, fun stationary, gum, candy, mints, Pez dispenser, pretty spoon to stir her coffee.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
What about a really cool journal with a really nice heavy pen?

Adult coloring books and items to color them are all the rage right now too!

A pretty flash drive?

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
These are some great ideas everyone! My DD is very picky and opinionated! LOL But I think I can use a lot of these ideas to have some really cute things. I also have 4 nieces who I can use some of these ideas for. I can actually change a few to work for my DS too. I love the spoon idea. Never would have thought of that. I think i'll go to one of the antique/second hand shops where they have lots of "old stuff" and see if I can find a really pretty cup/saucer/and spoon set for her. I can make a cute mug rug too! Gotta write all these down so I don't forget.

These are such wonderful different ideas, what would you all suggest for a 9 yr old boy? He loves video games, reading, hunting, skateboards, sports.

Last edited:

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
My girls always got several pair of pretty panties. I put food GCs in stockings. Earbuds, phone accessories, nail bling, socks, pretty hair barrettes, movie passes, jewelry, notebooks, pens, bath fizzies, lotion, soap, car accessories, music CDs, DVDs, flarp, slinky, key chain, backpack/locker decorations, fun shoelaces, coupons for things you can do together, fake eyelashes, fake fingernails, purse size hand sanitizer, cards, coasters, fun stationary, gum, candy, mints, Pez dispenser, pretty spoon to stir her coffee.
I may be having a dumb moment here, but what is a flarp? a set of coasters for her room is a great idea! Never would have thought of that!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My DD loves a string of white LED lights that she strings over her curtains in her bedroom. It gives a really nice glow to her room.
It would be a great time to pick some up as all the Christmas lights are out now.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, DD19 has those above the head of her bed at her college house.

Dawn, Flarp is sold at Walmart. It's in a canister that when you stick your finger down in it, it makes a farting noise. My kids love it. There's something very tactile about it because it has a smoothing like consistency. I don't know how to describe the consistency of it...it's like a thin version of silly putty, but it will stain furniture and fabric if you get it on it. It's just a fun novelty and everyone laughs when they are all playing with it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I made coasters for DD23 when she first went to college. I bought 4x4 inch white tiles from Lowe's. I used scrapbook paper, cut it to the size I wanted, and modge podge to adhere it to the tiles. Then, I sprayed they with clear sealer. I bought cork backing with peel and stick adhesive backing and put it on the bottom. I think I found that at Hobby Lobby.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Great ideas here. My DD would love all of these. She is a coffee girl too.

Here's some more:
A plain necklace/bracelet chain or black ribbon -- and then add on charms. (Available in craft stores.)
Car wash gift cards
Car scents (I don't care for these for DD and her friends do)
Candles or essential oil aroma items
Gift cards for downloadable music (you could have fun with gifting individual songs on the advent calendar)

(And I'd post the question about the boy on a different thread -- you'll get more replies and they'll all be in one spot)

Edit: Oh wait ~ she's 14. Car stuff is better for 16, 17.

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I was reading back over this. The coffee warmer made me think about...I've seen people use those as candle warmers where they can't have an open flame candle.

Hmmm...9 year old boy....hand warmers for his gloves, and foot warmers for his boots, personalized hunting strap for his gun, knife, scent to put out at a deer stand, summer sausage to take to eat when he's hunting, video gaming GCs, GC to BAM for his books, body wash, body puff, tools to adjust his skateboard wheels (? - don't know if they still have to do that...did when I had one), hats, socks, skull cap, t-shirts with favorite sports team logos, elbow sleeves for sliding if he plays baseball, face paint, knee and elbow pads, under armor type shirt. Depending on budget, tickets to see his favorite professional team play somewhere near you.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I was reading back over this. The coffee warmer made me think about...I've seen people use those as candle warmers where they can't have an open flame candle.

Hmmm...9 year old boy....hand warmers for his gloves, and foot warmers for his boots, personalized hunting strap for his gun, knife, scent to put out at a deer stand, summer sausage to take to eat when he's hunting, video gaming GCs, GC to BAM for his books, body wash, body puff, tools to adjust his skateboard wheels (? - don't know if they still have to do that...did when I had one), hats, socks, skull cap, t-shirts with favorite sports team logos, elbow sleeves for sliding if he plays baseball, face paint, knee and elbow pads, under armor type shirt. Depending on budget, tickets to see his favorite professional team play somewhere near you.

these are great ideas!! He is getting a little hunting rifle so the strap is a great idea!!! My dd is getting a camera so I could get her one too! Both of the kids got knives last year, so I didn't get any this year. I found a gift set of the deodorant and body spray that he uses so that was a great idea.

Reactions: missjane