Organizing day for my notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I am sorting through the mountain of loose papers that have been just shoved into my Christmas notebook.
Wow. What a mess. By the time I am done it will be a whole lot better.
I didn't realize I had so many loose recipes in there.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It is amazing how much easier it is to navigate, now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm working on my Thanksgiving Notebook. I need to add a few more dividers. I'm trying to put any pumpkin recipe into this notebook. If I need a pumpkin recipe I'll know where it is. I have found if I put the pumpkin dessert recipes into my Dessert Notebook sometimes I can't find it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I really need to work on my notebook.
Maybe the beginning of the year when it is too hot to do much else will be a good time to do it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Haha, Katrina. I was thinking maybe after the beginning of the year when the weather is too cold and wet to be outside.

I've been updating mine this week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm like Jane... January when it's too cold outside for anything else :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Haha, Katrina. I was thinking maybe after the beginning of the year when the weather is too cold and wet to be outside.

The weather outside is frightful.............
Love that we are both going to hunker down and do something that we love.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Anyone do a totally computer digital kind of Christmas Notebook?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Nope I like it in front of me on paper- I need to be able to scribble notes/ cross out. tick off and needed.
I tried digital briefly but found it was not for me.
I do use the Santa's Bag app though- its handy to have lists and to note/ photo ideas if Im out and see something.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I use my computer, but mainly just one large document listing gift ideas/gifts given/ and gifts received. I don't keep a notebook, but it's a really good idea. On the computer it could be sectioned off into files. A document could be revised for the current year and then re-saved with a new year in the name ["2017 Christmas Cookies"]. I use asterisks and check marks and different colors on the computer to highlight special things. I can print it out any time ... just print certain pages or sections if necessary, etc. My section for gift ideas for DH I change the font color to white unless I need to see that section. So if DH happens to see it on the computer, he would think it was blank. It's formatted in a table, so has rows and columns.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My section for gift ideas for DH I change the font color to white unless I need to see that section. So if DH happens to see it on the computer, he would think it was blank. It's formatted in a table, so has rows and columns.

This is so clever!!!!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I'm working on my Thanksgiving Notebook. I need to add a few more dividers. I'm trying to put any pumpkin recipe into this notebook. If I need a pumpkin recipe I'll know where it is. I have found if I put the pumpkin dessert recipes into my Dessert Notebook sometimes I can't find it.

I never had a Thanksgiving notebook, I think I want to make one this year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that if we did Thanksgiving I would definitely have a notebook.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nancy, I do have all my pumpkin desserts in my Thanksgiving Notebook for the same reason.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

Baristo

Retire Member
Nov 10, 2016
London
As for me I also use new apps for Christmas! It's really comfortable and I do not need to find my notes on papers from last years. Also this year I opened for my mind new app for my iPhone which helps me to call free to my friends on Christmas. For example I have many friends in Nigeria who always waiting for my congratulations. Even if they have no iPhone or another smartphone - I can phone then by local number paying a little money.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
uh-oh not sure Baristo is legitimate... the Nigeria connection is weird
There's a link that highlights if you scroll over "app for my iPhone". So, probably not legitimate.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well spotted Lucie.