April 2017 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Rudolph Day is not getting past us this month! Get out your copies of Deck the Halls, your Christmas CDs, those recipes you want to try, crafts you want to make, planners you want to update, and make it a festive day! Tell us all about your day here.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My Rudolph day is today. I went shopping... finally! Bought tons of stuff for the gift closet :) and I bought some fabric stiffener so I can try that on my crocheted snowflakes I want to give.

I bought myself a few things too, so it was mostly a ME day.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I have a long day at work today, but I did bring my planner to work and on my lunch break I am going to go through the baking recipes and list out the non perishables that I can start purchasing when they are on sale for the Christmas Pantry box. I am also going to decide what cookies I am going to make. Last year I threw to many away, such a waste of time and money. I am going to stick with the favorites that everyone enjoys. When I get home tonight I am going to sort the gift closet and make sure the master gift list is updated. (Of course I am planning on doing that tonight, my body may be saying something different after work!)

Hope everyone enjoys their Rudy Day....8 more months (and for me 17 more paychecks) to the big day. Yes, I keep track of the number of paychecks so I can budget properly!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Hope everyone enjoys their Rudy Day....8 more months (and for me 17 more paychecks) to the big day. Yes, I keep track of the number of paychecks so I can budget properly!

That's the way to do it, Kelly, budget all year long and you'll have lots of fun spending the money for the holidays. Nothing worse than crunching the numbers a few weeks before Christmas and coming up woefully short and/or charging your Christmas. That makes for a miserable January.

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
So, as expected didn't manage much. Listened to Merry Podcast on way to work and 'cant wait for Christmas podcast' on way home.
Had a nursery trip to library and kids voted to read a Christmas book. I was so chuffed lol. Now its almost 9pm....going to study for an hour, then sleep.......they pass by too fast, especially on week days!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wanted to work on my CIJ blogposts but was super busy day at work, hardly had time for lunch :( ah well, maybe I can slip a few Christmas things in next weekend

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Nothing today but have tomorrow off planning on finishing CIJ ornaments in the next 2 days

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Busy day - watched Deck the Halls, worked on my planner and CIJ ornaments for the swap, and found the box that will serve as my temporary gift closet until my stash outgrows it. A great Rudolph Day!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Honestly this day snuck up on me! So tonight I will watch one of the many movies I have on the DVR, and look through my notebook. We just found out the other day that we have a new granddaughter on the way (due this November!), so there will be another little one to buy for! Yay!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Made Almond Joy cookies - super sweet. If I make them for Christmas, I will make them much smaller and call them candy.