August 2017 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Heads up! Miss JoDee selected The Preacher's Wife as the August movie so scout around for your copy now. Amazon has it available for rent, in a multi-format, or as an add-on item.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still can't find it here in Australia. I hear that it is a book so I think I will try and track down the book.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This is the youtube link I found.

The Bishop's wife is the original version if you can find that movie at the library.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am not sure how the above post happened but it there.o_O Earlier today I was try to do that in the Christmas music thread and couldn't figure it out. Oh, I wish I was more tech savvy.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
DSIL informed me that he refuses to let his kids watch Christmas movies until Christmastime. I told him, "I LIVE WITH THE GRINCH!!!" He said, "Yes you do." <psst...I will watch after he goes to bed...>

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good on you GrammaDeb. Don't let any Grinch spoil your Christmas Spirit

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I think I may have that movie.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am off that day!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I own The Bishop's Wife - love that one! Haven't seen The Preacher's Wife in years!

DH asked to watch It's A Wonderful Life the other night - we made it halfway through before falling asleep. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well I got to watch a Christmas movie today ... just in case I can't make it on Rudolph day! It was part of the CIJ special at our local tv station. 1st time I see it 'My Santa'. It's not a TOP Christmas movie but it's still nice.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Really looking forward to this months Rudy day. I don't have anything in particular planned, I think I will just watch a movie and dream a little of Christmas.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Well Rudy Day falls on the same day as the Denver Modernism show. I haven't been in a few years so I might spend my evening there. We'll see..it's pretty groovy if you are in to that stuff... http://www.denvermodernism.com/

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
The You Tube Video linked above is not clear at all for me. It looks like a filter was placed over the camera lens. LOL I will have to find it.

Okay, it does have a filter on it because it is a You Tube rental or purchase. You can rent the full length movie for $2.99 or purchase for $9.99. I can't wait to rent this. Thanks for a wonderful selection.

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im also looking forward to Rudi Day this month as well.

No luck with the movie for me. Can't seem to find The Preachers Wife anywhere- its not on Netflix here and its seems to be blocked on youtube.

I have lists to check (twice). I think Im pretty near done with my gifts, stocking stuffers and all. I just need some perfume (waiting for the Christmas gift sets in stores) and a ridiculously expensive handbag that I don't need but totally want! I also know that it wont go on sale!
Luke still needs several more things to be added.... Elf gifts are almost finished. I can pad them out with chocolate and treats if I need to but will keep looking for items instead. All my ebay and aliexpress items have arrived so its time to fill up the cart again.

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I will try my best to find the film - to my knowledge I have never seen it.

Although I have just realised I am working that day :-( so will have to try and have a mini Rudy day after work with the kids - Im thinking hot chocolate and a cuddle under a christmas blanket to watch the film and some more planning for me - and christmas card list making maybe,

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I am not sure how the above post happened but it there.o_O Earlier today I was try to do that in the Christmas music thread and couldn't figure it out. Oh, I wish I was more tech savvy.

I'm with you on a lack of tech-savviness. I went to the Apple store and had the most marvelous tech help me. He taught me so much about my iPhone that I didn't know existed. Then I had another issue and used Apple Support - I sent them an email and they called me - another wonderful tech answered all my questions (in a way that I could understand). Shout out to the amazing people at Apple! I also found out that if you're near an Apple store, they have free classes on things like using your iPhone, iPad, the Cloud, etc. I just can't wrap my head around the Cloud and neither can Vic so it will be date night (day) at the Apple store.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to Rudi day this Friday. They are really coming fast now.
I am so looking forward to watching a movie and doing a little bit of planning.
Next month is the first BER month and I find that time goes very quickly from now.