Losing Weight Before Christmas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MerryMandy

Retire Member
Sep 17, 2012
We're less than 90 days out and I'm freaking out about pictures with the family. I had my third child earlier this year and my body still hasn't really bounced back :eek: I just picked up Beachbody's Cize workout since I used to be a dancer and I'm really hoping that'll give me the push I need: https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/cize-dance-workout.do

Any of you trying to lose weight before the holidays? if so, how? Maybe we can help keep each other accountable!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You got this, MerryMandy! Now is the time to start! Hide the Halloween candy from yourself!!! :) That is my nemesis this time of year!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well after this last 3-day weekend I sure am NOW! :) I follow a loose Paleo diet. (Unlike the bags of potato chips, gluten free peach cobbler and wine that I just put down with my relatives). I strictly avoid gluten due to intolerance. I minimize dairy and nuts and watch the alcohol because it lowers my inhibitions when it comes to food. My chocolate is 85% organic. Having food prepped and on-hand is key to my being good. I also try to get in at least 10,000 steps per day. If you used to be a dancer I'd think that would be a super fun way to stay fit! :) After this past weekend I will have my angel halo on til the kids are out on Christmas break. (Except for Thanksgiving Weekend). I'll still make cookies and such -- I just won't eat them til Christmas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You've got this, Cindylouwho!!! And yes, I think we will all splurge on Thanksgiving weekend, it just happens - lol

As of this morning I am down 18.4 lbs from where I started really working on dropping a couple of months ago - I'm hoping to do the same as you and keep on track - other than Thanksgiving - until Christmas hits. DH is doing GREAT on his Keto diet - as of this morning he is down 40lbs!!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
As of this morning I am down 18.4 lbs from where I started really working on dropping a couple of months ago - I'm hoping to do the same as you and keep on track - other than Thanksgiving - until Christmas hits. DH is doing GREAT on his Keto diet - as of this morning he is down 40lbs!!!

Nice job!!! High Five!! That's gotta feel great! You will have to share your meal strategy since we are both cooking up a storm of freezer meals on that other cooking thread!

My weight loss journey was a few years back. Today I only have one more size to drop to be truly healthy for my height. There's about 10 lbs left that I've tried EVERYTHING to bust through but I truly believe it is inflammation caused by one of the foods I am still eating. (That would most likely be the organic Peanut Butter - which is my last vice). Man, I just can't kick it! I have done Keto but have found I do best with berries and occasional boiled sweet potatoes in the mix -- otherwise my body comes back and hits me twice as hard if I ever stray off plan. But that's me and I do use a lot of Keto principles. I have already lost the weight from my October Weekend I mentioned above but I'm just back to my normal self - which needs some fine-tuning. One of the things I'm looking for right now (over on our Freezer Cooking thread) are quick grab fat/protein bombs to replace the quick grab spoonfuls of peanut butter that I go for in the afternoon when I'm in a hurry -- and I'm ALWAYS in a hurry. Maybe something with coconut.... Also looking to jack my vegetable & salad intake even more -- and I already do green smoothies and roasted veggies. I've cut back this past month though because I'm racing around so much. Ugh.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job, AJ and Cindylouwho! I'll pop over to the Freezer Cooker thread to see what you ladies are doing with meals.